AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th July, 2003, 11:58 PM

Looking to upgrade

Hello all,

A friend of mine is looking to upgrade his system, and came to me for help. I am thinking of selling him my gear and upgrading my self.

What I have is an Epox 8rda+, XP2100+ @ 2200 mhz (185 fsb...best i could get stably ) and 512 megs Corsair twinx PC 3200ll.

I am looking to get Epox 8rda3+ Barton 2500+ And Corsair twinx 1 gig.

Just wondering what you all think of my choices.

Also, I am wondering if the 8rda3+ has the ability to adjust vdd without the resistor mod? What are the main differences between 8rda+ and 8rda3+? Will i be able to get more fsb speed because of 400 fsb official support?

Thanks for any help, and I am also open to any suggestions you may have on my components.
Old 12th July, 2003, 04:26 AM

It is my understanding (being an epox noob) that the 8rda+ 2.0 allows adjustment of ddr to 2.9 and chipset to 2.0 volts through bios with NO MOD's, and officially supports 400mhz bartons.
For $83 shipped from newegg, that board seems too good to be true! The 2500+ is a fine choice for proc.

just my $.02

EDIT: I don't know if newegg has version 2.0, but they were out of stock on the 7th and then in stock again on the 8th of July.