AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 17th July, 2003, 04:21 PM

setting BIOS settings for a XP 2600

Howdy...
Just built a new comp with a epox 8rga+ and a XP 2600 and its asking me to set the BIOS settings for it, but unfortunately this is a new thing for me and Im not sure what they should be.
If anyone could lend a hand on this Id really appreciate it....
thanx

BIT MORE DETAIL
the settings right now are on (100 x 12.5) (this doesnt mean alot to me) and its these (not sure what their called, but you guys will ) that its asking me to change and save the settings... but unfotunately I have NO idea what I should set these to. I know its sad but Im use to the BIOS setting all this for me (Im more into software and am only just now getting around to learning the finer (or even dumb) points on hadware.

Also think I need to change the settings for the memory (I got 2700 DDR), but thats another prob and right now I just want any help with the above please
Old 17th July, 2003, 05:08 PM

Is that XP2600 the 266 or the 333 fsb model ?
Radeon 9800pro-M(Tyan Tachyon)
2x WD 80gb HDD
Lite-on 52x32x52 CD-RW//Samsung 16x DVD
Antec SLK3700amd//550w True control
Yamaha TSS1-W 5.1 Dolby Digital/DTS Speakers & external decoder
Windows XP sp1//DX9.b//(Omega 4.2's)//2-17.bo1 bios
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th July, 2003, 06:13 PM

load optimised defaults in the bios and reboot. or set the settings you mentioned to 166x12.5 and save & exit
Old 17th July, 2003, 09:31 PM

thanks to both of you for taking the time with my problem
I got it solved (finally found some info somewhere else) but your info could have been a life saver (was finding it REAL hard to get this simple bit of info) as I hate people having to wait to enjoy their new computer when they allready have all the hardware (its SO cruel). The settings
I used where the same as flytek's because its a 333mhz one. Like to point out that the memory was no hassle, everything is working now and the guy i got it for absoloutly LOVES it (it cost about 1000AU and has 17inch mon,great case, 8rga+ mobo, XP 2600+, 512meg 2700, 40gig, accesories,burner..all black....does that sound good for the price??).

One more little bit of help would really be appreciated if anyones got the time...
I help people with comps alot (mainly windows and software hassles) and lately people are asking me to help them buy comps (pre packaged comps SUCK!!)..... and ive learnt how terribly little I know (I DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT DUAL DDR WAS!!!!!!). I would REALLY like to rectify this but dont even know where to start. If anyone could give me some good sites to start learning that would be great, not to complicated at first if possible (i know the basics about whats what, but need to learn more about the finer points) and some that I might wanna look at later.
Old 17th July, 2003, 10:13 PM
AOA Staff (should be working)

Send a message via ICQ to dod Send a message via Yahoo to dod

AOA FAQ is as good a place to start as any.
Old 17th July, 2003, 10:26 PM

sorry.... didnt have a good look around your site (will soon)
that is an EXCELLENT place to start, allready found out a couple of things i wanted (ive got alot of reading coming)...excellent, thank you