AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd July, 2003, 01:58 PM

Barton 2800+

Just got hold of one of these and wondering how other peeps are getting on with them?

Will it do 200 fsb on my 8RDA+ like my old XP 2400?

Any comments welcome

Cheers

Paul
Club 3D X800XT
Maxtor 80 Gig Sata
Win XP SP2
Tsunami Case
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd July, 2003, 02:01 PM
jcool

hehe I don't think you will be limited in your FSB - my old 2500+ does over 230Mhz (couldn't test more so far )
Just pull off the jclk jumper...
It will be interesting to see how much CPU speed you will get
Old 22nd July, 2003, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcool
hehe I don't think you will be limited in your FSB - my old 2500+ does over 230Mhz (couldn't test more so far )
Just pull off the jclk jumper...
It will be interesting to see how much CPU speed you will get
Sorry JC but .......

Whats the jclk jumper and why do I need to remove it?

Does anyone know what the max voltage for this part is??

Cheers

Paul
Club 3D X800XT
Maxtor 80 Gig Sata
Win XP SP2
Tsunami Case
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd July, 2003, 11:01 PM
jcool

the jclk (jclock) jumper is located next to the ATX power connector and it normally sets the default FSB of your CPU/system for the bios.
However, some people have reported that they couldn't go over 190 FSB or so when using 166 FSB CPU AND the jumper. As soon as they pulled it off, they went fine to 220Mhz or whatever they were at with their last CPU.
So its sort of tradition to run the 8rda+ without the jclk jumper, and it has even more advantages - with this jumper pulled off your bios will start at 100Mhz FSB after clearing it or holding delete-insert (like after a failed oc attempt ) and will nearly always come back to post
Old 23rd July, 2003, 08:54 AM

Quote:
the jclk (jclock) jumper is located next to the ATX power connector and it normally sets the default FSB of your CPU/system for the bios.
However, some people have reported that they couldn't go over 190 FSB or so when using 166 FSB CPU AND the jumper. As soon as they pulled it off, they went fine to 220Mhz or whatever they were at with their last CPU.
So its sort of tradition to run the 8rda+ without the jclk jumper, and it has even more advantages - with this jumper pulled off your bios will start at 100Mhz FSB after clearing it or holding delete-insert (like after a failed oc attempt ) and will nearly always come back to post
Cheers JC, sounds like a plan! The only thing is will this mess with my memory settings. I had huge problems getting my Corsair XMS running. Think I'm running 02/04/03 bios with the memory @ 100% as SPD *****s it up!

I never wanna hear that siren again

So does anyone have any comments abut this chip?

Cheers mate
Club 3D X800XT
Maxtor 80 Gig Sata
Win XP SP2
Tsunami Case
Old 23rd July, 2003, 09:24 AM

The thing with XMS is sometimes the SPD setting is less stable than a tighter timing, manually switch it to 6,2,2,2.0 or similar & give it slight voltage boost.
Raptor raid
2 x SATA 300GB Maxtor HDD's
Enermax 600W Noisetaker PSU
Geforce 6800GT
Audigy 2.
Old 23rd July, 2003, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay T
The thing with XMS is sometimes the SPD setting is less stable than a tighter timing, manually switch it to 6,2,2,2.0 or similar & give it slight voltage boost.
Whenever I've had SPD set the rig has barely worked so if removing this jumper will make this happen there is no way i'm gonna do it just for the sake of a few more mhz!

I don't really know what SPD stands for or what it means in terms of memory settings. My 100% seems to work fine.
Club 3D X800XT
Maxtor 80 Gig Sata
Win XP SP2
Tsunami Case
Old 23rd July, 2003, 02:05 PM
jcool

pulling the jumper off won't affect memtimings only FSB/Memclock so put your mem to 6-2-2-2, leave it at 100% and pull that thing off
Old 25th July, 2003, 10:43 PM

Quote:
pulling the jumper off won't affect memtimings only FSB/Memclock so put your mem to 6-2-2-2, leave it at 100% and pull that thing off
Come Sunday I'll give this is go! Lets hope it rocks!
Club 3D X800XT
Maxtor 80 Gig Sata
Win XP SP2
Tsunami Case