AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd July, 2003, 09:56 PM

How do I switch on IDE 3 & 4?

I have a 2 HDs running on IDE 1 and three CD drives (DVD/CDR/CDRW) not running at all but the HDs wont work on IDE 3 and 4 where I want them so I can run the CD drives.

Any idea how to get them to work on IDE 3 & 4?

Cheers!
Old 22nd July, 2003, 10:47 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Do you have a board with a RAID controller!?!? If so and it's built into the board then you need to go into the bios and enable the raid controller.

If it's already enabled and you STILL don't see your HD's then chances are you need to change the jumpers on the back of the drive. Set them to CS (cable select)I hope that helps.
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd July, 2003, 11:35 PM
Member/Contributer

If its like my 8K3A+ with the Highpoint RAID contoller, you will have to install the RAID drivers when you install the OS, with XP anyway.
Just make sure you attach the HDD's to the RAID controllers and when Xp is installing it gives you the option to install third party RAID drivers from the floppy. If you dont then you end up at the Win Setup screen and Windows cant find the HDD's, and you have to start all over again.
You dont have to run in RAID by the way, if you just want 1 HDD on the spare controller for example.

Laz.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd July, 2003, 01:01 AM

Its an Epox 8K5A2+ with RAID controller.
I've tried installing the RAID drivers but they just appear with errors once I get change the HDs over.

With the RAID controller drivers installed I swapped the HDs on separate cables to IDE 3 and IDE 4 both set as Master.
I put the CDRW and DVD on IDE 1 and CDR on IDE 2. The PC wouldn't boot up so I entered the BIOS and changed Onboard PCI Device>High Point IDE RAID>AUTO to ENABLED.
Rebooting caused a Windows system file : c:\windows\system32\config\system to become corrupt. I've since reinstalled a preivous version using the Windows Repair Console, booting from the CDR (now back on IDE 2) and the HD on IDE1.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated as I'm beginning to think you can't run 2 HDs and 3 CDs on an Epox board.
I have 2 HDs and 3 CDs (CDR/CDRW/DVD).
Can anyone give me simple step-by-step instructions on how to set this up without crashing my system, corrupting files or cooking the hard drives.
My system for your reference:
Epox 8K5A2+
AMD 1800
768MB DDR RAM
40GB IDE HD (single cable)
60GB SCSI HD (single cable)
CDR (single cable)
CDRW (shared cable)
DVD (shared cable)
WinXP Pro