AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th July, 2003, 10:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to Royal Oaks

Need some Epox motherboard help

Alright, well it appears my 8K5A2+ has finally bit the bullet. I was playing UT and my system just freezes. Now I can't even get the thing to post and it gives me C1 and C5 codes. So checking my trusty manual, it appears the problem is in my RAM somewhere. However, after switching sticks the thing still won't work. When I did get it to work the thing just said, "An attempt was made to write to read-only memory". It also said there was a problem with the file ntfs.sys. It also gives me this error which says BIOS ROM CHECKSUM error. I know this isn't good, and I fear my board is a goner. I flashed BIOS's and all, but the thing is still jacked up. Basically I was just wondering if I am missing anything here??? Like I said though I really think the board is a goner and I think I need to fill out an RMA with Epox. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas, or whether they could confirm this boards death???? Thanks
Old 27th July, 2003, 01:48 AM

Clear the CMOS by pulling out the battery for 10-15 minutes. Upon powering up, hold the INSERT key down.

Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.4Ghz | Asus K8N-E Deluxe | PNY Verto GeForce FX 5600 Ultra 128MB | 2x 256MB Kingston Hyper-X PC3700 DDR | 80GB Maxtor 8MB 7200RPM HDD | LG 24x10x40x CDRW | Iomega 250MB Zip | Landmark ATX-A70 23" Aluminum Case | Antec 550W TruePower PSU | Windows XP Pro SP1
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th July, 2003, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark099
Clear the CMOS by pulling out the battery for 10-15 minutes. Upon powering up, hold the INSERT key down.
Thanks for the advice, but that didn't work. The thing just hangs at code C5, it won't even POST. It goes C1, C3, then C5 and it stops there saying, BootBlock.... BIOS ROM CHECKSUM error. I can get it to boot sometimes, but it just resets every few minutes or doesn't start back up again. I'm pretty sure this thing needs to be RMA'd, if someone could just confirm this or provide some other advice I could try that??? Thanks
Old 27th July, 2003, 09:49 AM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark099

Do not pull the battery to clear the CMOS - do it by JBAT or JCMOS jumper.
Old 27th July, 2003, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPoX Tech
Do not pull the battery to clear the CMOS - do it by JBAT or JCMOS jumper.
ET, any ideas??? Or should I just RMA the board??? I am not a n00b, and I have tried everything I can think of. Tried booting up with just the essesntials, and I still get the same error. I've done just about everything I can think of, and it will either just reset itself, or give me BIOS ROM CHECKSUM error. I'm also not the massive upgrader like everyone else, so I had planned on keeping this board for a little while yet, instead of just buying a new one. Thanks
Old 27th July, 2003, 05:38 PM
AOA Staff

Have you tried to boot with a floppy disc containing system files etc.?