AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th August, 2003, 09:37 AM

Question EPoX 8RDA+ & PCI WinTV Card

Any ideas on how to solve this?

I've just built my new pc with an 8RDA+ board, connected to it are some Creative Labs 5.1 spoeakers. As per the instructions the speakers are connected to the rear audio sockets on the motherboard in the following way.

Green socket (line out) - front speakers
Blue socket (line in) - rear speakers
Orange socket (mic) - centre and subwoofer

The sound is fine (actually pretty darn good)

I've now installed my Hauppauge WinTV PCI card, picture's great !!

BUT NO SOUND!!!!!!!

I can't use the cable from the rear line out of the TV card and put it to the line in on the audio as my rear speakers are using this.

I've looked on the Hauppauge website who state that some models of the WinTV card have a four pin audio connecter so it can be internally connected to the soundcard or in my case the cd or aux connection on the motherboard, alas my TV card is one without the additional four pin connection so that option is out.

I could disconnect my rear speakers and plug in the TV card cable and reconfigure my audio everytime I want to use the TV...............BUT....it may seem lazy but I can't really be down on my hands and knees scrabbling about under the desk each time I want to see whats on TV.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks in anticipation (please keep all answers free from technobabble - laymans terms please).

Cheers.

Surg
Old 9th August, 2003, 11:57 AM

Do your problems exist in stock config or just in overclock config (assuming that you've overclocked you system)

| Abit NF7-S V 2.0 | 1.8v Vdd (modded) | XP 1700+ DLT3C 0319 1.95v @ 2495 Mhz 217 x 11.5 |
| 2 x 256 TwinMos w/ Winbond BH-5 DC 10,2,2,Cas2 @ 3.0v Vdimm (modded) |
| Connect3d ATI Radeon 9800 Pro | Innovatek Water Cooled CPU & NB, actively cooled SB |
| Adaptec 39160 | Seagate Cheetah ST318406LW | ST336706LW | Lite-on CDRW |

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th August, 2003, 12:25 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

The 8RDA+ has a connector internally (4 pins) for an input from a sound source. I think this is labelled AUX in the manual.

You could make up a cable that goes from the line out on the WinTV card through the case side and then connects to this AUX connector.
Old 9th August, 2003, 01:40 PM

The machine is not overclocked.

Yes the 8RDA+ has an AUX four pin connector next to the cd one on the board.
HOW??? As in what wires from a phono jack to what pin etc would I do this.
I am not an electronics whizz, [Diagrams woiuld be nice]
Old 11th August, 2003, 03:54 AM

surgeon, They say a picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't have a connector with 4 pinholes you can use 3 singles . The 3 wires from the rca-mini jack are 2 shielded (left and right) and 1 unshielded (common or ground). The pinouts on the motherboard are (starting at the back of the case) Left, Ground, Ground, Right. Or if you have the exact cables shown Red to Red, White to White, Unshielded to Black.
Bob Click pic to enlarge. Make sure you wrap some electrical tape around your seperated connections.
Attached Thumbnails
EPoX 8RDA+ & PCI WinTV Card-audio-cable-003.jpg  
THERMALRIGHT SLK900u 92mm Zalman fan, Enlight 420 watt, AIW 9000 Pro 64mb DDR agp4x, voltage mod 1.85v
Home made NB cooler
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th August, 2003, 08:48 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

If you have a spare CD-ROM audio cable, and a spare 3.5mm jack, you could splice the two of them together. I believe that the pinout for the aux socket is detailed in the manual. If not, I'm pretty sure it's the same as a standard CD-ROM audio cable.
Old 11th August, 2003, 04:13 PM

Thanks to all that have replied with your advice.

I have gone for the 4 pin cd connecter soldered to a mono 3.5mm jack.

Red and white to the central jack connection.

Both blacks to the outer jack connection.

Works a treat !!!

Now for my front mic and headphone sockets !!!
(I shall be utilising the detailed post thats already here for that one)

Again thanks all who replied.

Surg
Old 12th August, 2003, 01:38 AM

Good going surgeon! Now you know that you can still upgrade to a stereo jack , right?
the AUX-In pinouts are listed as left, ground, ground, right.
The CD-IN pinouts are listed as Left, 2 cd reference, Right.
Bob
THERMALRIGHT SLK900u 92mm Zalman fan, Enlight 420 watt, AIW 9000 Pro 64mb DDR agp4x, voltage mod 1.85v
Home made NB cooler
AOA Team fah