AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd September, 2003, 10:01 AM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Network problems!!! with 8RDA+?

Hello,

I could not make a valid connection between my pc and another one. Both pc's have xp prof. installed. Pinging they're ip address was not succesfull. I use 222.222.222.222 /221 and also 168.193.0.1 /2 but without success. I used workgroup for both but I didn't use a domain name. The other pc is having no prob connecting with other pc (not mine) The crossover cable is tested and working fine between two other computers. The lights on both our net. cards are on when the cable is plugged. I made numerous network connections but this is just hell. I also installed another net card after disabling mine from bios and still no go!!! I am waiting for your advice. Thank's in advance

Chris
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd September, 2003, 11:25 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ZeroQ

Hi Christian..

i´ve had the same problem with my onboard network card.

But after i set a mac adress for it (123456), it works perfectly.

don´t ask why
Old 2nd September, 2003, 11:26 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Lets step back a moment, and work towards a solution.
Lets just deal with TCP/IP, rather than NetBIOS. That means we have to worry about things like IP address, subnet mask and default gateway.
Forget about domain names, workgroups etc.

Do you have a software firewall on either of the machine?

I'm presuming that you are just connecting two machines together here using a crossover cable? If that's so, where does the third machine come in? Was that just for testing the cable?

Do you intend to use Firewire for networking at all? If not, then it's probably worth disabling the bridging that XP seems to install by default, to bridge the connection between firewire and LAN.
Old 3rd September, 2003, 09:51 AM
Benchmarker

Thank you guys, when I get home I'll try what you said zero, as for what you said Aedan; I don't have any firewall installed and the firewire it's disabled. There is no third pc involved.

Chris
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th September, 2003, 09:12 AM
Benchmarker

I did it !!!!!!!!! Thank you a lot Zero, that was the prob. Why isn't this issue in the mobo Manual??? I am upset I lost so many hours!!!! Thank you guys again.

Chris