AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th October, 2003, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CTPAX-
If you dont have other memory to try, i suggest that u just remove one of the sticks and try with ine stick in single channel. Have you also played with vcore? Do you get more stability with higher vcore? If so, then unfortunately the cpu is bad overclocker...

Raising the vcore did not make a difference, if anything less vcore seemed better.

I have one stick of Crucial 512 pc3200 I can try out of my old set up. I'll also try your suggestion. I was also thinking about moving both buffalos to the other slots and see what happens-think that'll be worth a try?

I was going to order 2x256 of OCZ but to do it that why will be a 'spensive experiment. I'll try the above first.
Old 19th October, 2003, 10:40 PM

So maybe it's notthe memory

Well I tried a both buffalos in the other slots-no difference.
I tried a single of buffalo-no dif.
I tried the Crucial XMS 3200-no dif.

So it's either the cpu or mobo I spose.
Old 20th October, 2003, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabster
Well I tried a both buffalos in the other slots-no difference.
I tried a single of buffalo-no dif.
I tried the Crucial XMS 3200-no dif.

So it's either the cpu or mobo I spose.
Are you getting a worse oc 5:4 than 1:1. If so, and it is the same way with all that ram, it would probably be the mobo.
Old 20th October, 2003, 10:49 AM

Crabster,

Please note that while in 5:4 CPU:RAM ratio, the ram is running @ CAS2.5 not matter you had set CAS3 in the bios.

I think this is a bios bug from Epox again.

So, make sure your ram can run at CAS2.5 stable.

Happy overclocking
Old 20th October, 2003, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leotonch
Crabster,

Please note that while in 5:4 CPU:RAM ratio, the ram is running @ CAS2.5 not matter you had set CAS3 in the bios.

I think this is a bios bug from Epox again.

So, make sure your ram can run at CAS2.5 stable.

Happy overclocking
hm...that is a bug I hadn't heard on this mobo yet. If he is running 5:4 with 3.2v, as he should be that ram could run 2-2-2-x, so that shouldn't be the problem.
Old 20th October, 2003, 10:51 PM

Timings, hmmmmmm.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouda
hm...that is a bug I hadn't heard on this mobo yet. If he is running 5:4 with 3.2v, as he should be that ram could run 2-2-2-x, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Current timings are: 2-5-2-2 @ 3.1vdimm

Choices:
1. Cas Latency: 2, 2.5, 3
2. Active to prechage: 5, 6,7 or 8.
3. Ras to Cas delay: 2,3,4
4. Ras to Cas precahrge: 2,3,4

Whats got my attention is active to precharge, is that correct? is that an Epox thing? I seem to remember other boards with a 2 for a choice.
Old 20th October, 2003, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Current timings are: 2-5-2-2 @ 3.1vdimm

Choices:
1. Cas Latency: 2, 2.5, 3
2. Active to prechage: 5, 6,7 or 8.
3. Ras to Cas delay: 2,3,4
4. Ras to Cas precahrge: 2,3,4

Whats got my attention is active to precharge, is that correct? is that an Epox thing? I seem to remember other boards with a 2 for a choice.
lol...no you didn't see 2, or atleast it couldn't be used. Some nf2 mobos allowed up to 11, but those are the basic values.
Old 20th October, 2003, 10:56 PM

Quote:
lol...no you didn't see 2, or atleast it couldn't be used. Some nf2 mobos allowed up to 11, but those are the basic values.
You think the timings I'm running are good to go?
Old 20th October, 2003, 11:12 PM

cpu-z info

Check out cpu-z. It says I'm running "melco" pc2700! ???
Attached Thumbnails
Need help with 4pca3+-cpuid.jpg  
Old 21st October, 2003, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Check out cpu-z. It says I'm running "melco" pc2700! ???
Heheheh...melco...timings are as tight as they get, which is good, but with that high voltage you should be able to go quite a bit higher.
Old 21st October, 2003, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Heheheh...melco...timings are as tight as they get, which is good, but with that high voltage you should be able to go quite a bit higher.

So the reading in cpu-z is accurate then? (confused about that one). Really appreciate the input gouda. So, I guess it boils down to cpu or mobo as the prob? Unless I'm missing something else, I've yet to read a post somewhere of someone stuck where I'm at w/this mobo and C chip. (sigh)
Old 21st October, 2003, 02:24 AM

Quote:
So the reading in cpu-z is accurate then? (confused about that one). Really appreciate the input gouda. So, I guess it boils down to cpu or mobo as the prob? Unless I'm missing something else, I've yet to read a post somewhere of someone stuck where I'm at w/this mobo and C chip. (sigh)
The cpu-z thing doesn't matter, it is just reporting the wrong stuff, it does that to me. I don't remember if you told me this yet, but did you oc higher 1:1 than 5:4. I wasn't sure if that was what you were saying in an earlier post. Where did you buy the cpu and mobo? You could rma one or both if you still can.
Old 21st October, 2003, 03:57 AM

Quote:
The cpu-z thing doesn't matter, it is just reporting the wrong stuff, it does that to me. I don't remember if you told me this yet, but did you oc higher 1:1 than 5:4. I wasn't sure if that was what you were saying in an earlier post. Where did you buy the cpu and mobo? You could rma one or both if you still can.
I o/c'd higher in 5/4. Actually didn't seem to make a difference. I got the cpu from zipzoomfly. FPO/Batch:3328A517. Pack date: 9/15/03.

The mobo is from censuspc. It is a version 2.
Old 21st October, 2003, 04:51 PM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

The ram timings seem your using are as tight as they go perhaps you could try backing them off abit, say 2-6-3-3. my corsair 3500's are only rated to somthing like that at ddr433.

K
Old 21st October, 2003, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwalton
The ram timings seem your using are as tight as they go perhaps you could try backing them off abit, say 2-6-3-3. my corsair 3500's are only rated to somthing like that at ddr433.

K
I was running them at 2.5, 7, 4, 4. Either way there is no prime stability at 250fsb and it ill not boot at 260fsb. 248fsb is the sweet spot.
Old 23rd October, 2003, 01:41 AM

Quote:
I was running them at 2.5, 7, 4, 4. Either way there is no prime stability at 250fsb and it ill not boot at 260fsb. 248fsb is the sweet spot.
You should be able to do better.
Old 23rd October, 2003, 02:48 AM

Try raising your vagp if your nb temps are ok.
Old 15th November, 2003, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Try raising your vagp if your nb temps are ok.
SO how did it work out.
What was the problem
Old 19th November, 2003, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by althes
SO how did it work out.
What was the problem

Farthest I got was 255 somewhat stable. I memtested by buffalos, each stick went to 261fsb 5/4 before errors. So, my thoughts are: 1)Either the cpu isn't up to par (I doubt it) or maybe there is a problem with the agp/pci lock (just a hunch)

that being said, I just received a new 2.8C SL6WT from zipzoom. We'll see how that does.
Old 21st November, 2003, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Farthest I got was 255 somewhat stable. I memtested by buffalos, each stick went to 261fsb 5/4 before errors. So, my thoughts are: 1)Either the cpu isn't up to par (I doubt it) or maybe there is a problem with the agp/pci lock (just a hunch)

that being said, I just received a new 2.8C SL6WT from zipzoom. We'll see how that does.
Well see how that goes I have some buffalo3700 that hit 480 at 300fsb. Running ok at 2.5337