AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 5th January, 2002, 04:43 AM

Question Bios 8khi1c18 OFFICIAL = Slower Memory

I just got this latest official bios release 8khi1c18, and while it fixed the bank interleave problem, my memory scores at the same fsb and ram timings are lower than they were before with the beta bios dated 11/30. Before Sandra was coming up with about 984/1066. With the new bios and 2 way interleave supposedly working my score is 764/845. Has anybody else noticed lower scores with this bios?
Old 5th January, 2002, 02:29 PM
EPoX Tech

The BIOS you refer to is not an offical release - Please refer to this thread NEWER & FINAL 8khi1c18 Bios for 8KHA+ Posted on EPOX JAPAN
Old 5th January, 2002, 10:28 PM

Hummmm, there sure is a lot of confusion surrounding "official" bios binaries. The one I got supposedly replaced the "beta" version of the 12/18 bios and was supposedly made available for download from an official Epox web site. What's even more confusing is how there is another "official" bios which has not been released for download on the USA site, but is available elsewhere.
Old 6th January, 2002, 09:03 PM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Cole
Hummmm, there sure is a lot of confusion surrounding "official" bios binaries. The one I got supposedly replaced the "beta" version of the 12/18 bios and was supposedly made available for download from an official Epox web site. What's even more confusing is how there is another "official" bios which has not been released for download on the USA site, but is available elsewhere.
The best places to go for BIOS are the US Branch office or Taiwan Office. All binaries there are official releases with no arguments.