AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th November, 2003, 05:18 PM

Enabling AC97 onboard as well as Audigy

I have an Epox 8KRA2+ motherboard and although it has more options in the BIOS than I have ever seen before, I of course want more!

The two settings for the onboard audio AC97 are either 'auto' or 'disabled'.

I am trying to get the onboard sound to work alongside my Audigy2 card. This is because for online gaming, I want the Audigy2 to handle all in-game sounds, and the AC97 to send TeamSpeak chat to my headphones...

I assume, being set to 'Auto' the AC97 is not enabling itself because of the presence of the Audigy2. I would like to see an 'enable' option to force the AC97 sound to come alive!
Old 29th November, 2003, 06:35 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Deadlyvenom

Ok why in the world would you want to do that? If you have the volume turned up on your speakers.... and you have headphones on.... will you really hear the sounds??? I mean it seems kinda pointless to me.
Just my 2 cents,
but i don't think that's possible, you would have driver issues, and it probably would be heck to config properly :\
Old 29th November, 2003, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlyvenom
Ok why in the world would you want to do that? If you have the volume turned up on your speakers.... and you have headphones on.... will you really hear the sounds??? I mean it seems kinda pointless to me.
Just my 2 cents,
but i don't think that's possible, you would have driver issues, and it probably would be heck to config properly :\
It is a mono headset design that doesn't cover the ear completely so should work!

http://www.labtec.com/index.cfm?page...3&languageid=1
Old 29th November, 2003, 07:41 PM
AOA Staff

You may be able to acheive this by using a USB headset instead of one which has audio jacks.

Logitech make these.
Old 1st December, 2003, 11:43 PM

So what happens with a USB headset, does it have it's own sound drivers and appear as a separate audio device that I could send TeamSpeak chat to?
Old 2nd December, 2003, 12:53 AM
AOA Staff

It does appear as another sound device.

But, you will probably have problems with feedback from the speakers to your microphone. The sound from the speakers will be picked up by the mike.