AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd December, 2003, 01:57 PM

Thumbs down 8KRA2+ SATA/RAID (boot problem solving part.2)

*POST EDIT*
Please read our forum rules AND the ANNOUNCEMENT at the start of the EPoX topic before posting in the EPoX topic again. There are restriction upon posting in the EPoX topic that don't apply to Our other Topics.Thank you.

It seems that SATA is device0 when IDE3/4 is disabled by bios.
But when you enable ide3/4, SATA will be moved as device2 and xp won´t boot if ntdetect, ntldr and boot.ini files are not edited and copied to IDE3/4 disk root

This is really problem if you have 2CD devices connected to IDE1, OS located to SATA1 disk, 2 archive disks connected to IDE2, and SuperSwap drive connected (randomly) to IDE3 or4.

Let´s just hope that next bios update might have added this SATA1 device as boot device list.
Now only way to boot from SATA is use option "Boot other:enable"

"Epox again? ... maybe..
Canon again ? Never again!! (HPB460 + XP or W2K, try it..)"

My XP operating system is located to 8KRA2+ board SATA1 connector harddrive and its working correctly as "standalone"

I have tryed to add 2 normal IDE drives, same model and size, and when I connect them to IDE3, as master and slave, they are regognizd correctly and I can specify RAID1 or RAID1.5 level mirroring from IDE RAID bios (CTRL+H)

Anyway, after SATA and IDERAID bios screens have disappeared and XP loading screen should appear, only HD light start flashing (approximately 2times per second) and XP loading screen will not appear.

I have wait several minutes but nothing happens. Any good ideas how I can solve this problem ?

I have upgraded to latest bios version and specified boot order that only "Booth other device" is enabled.

With Best Regards from Finland
Henry

Last edited by Daniel ~; 2nd December, 2003 at 07:17 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd December, 2003, 03:11 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

XP doesn't like having what it considers to be the drive order changed, end of story. It's generally best to set the system up as you intend to use it, as there's no telling how XP's drivers will intepret hardware changes.