AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th January, 2002, 09:21 AM

Unhappy EPOX 8KHA+ locked on C1 or CF code

I've just rebuilt my machine last night and it won't boot into BIOS.

I am getting post code C1 or CF ? (I've lost my manual )

I've just got the board back from my reseller who hot swapped the BIOS chip after a flash failure.

9242 3DMark2001 points
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th January, 2002, 12:32 PM

Check your memory or reseat it. C1 post is memory problems.
Old 9th January, 2002, 01:07 PM
EPoX Tech

Re: EPOX 8KHA+ locked on C1 or CF code

Quote:
Originally posted by Shelton
I've just rebuilt my machine last night and it won't boot into BIOS.

I am getting post code C1 or CF ? (I've lost my manual )

I've just got the board back from my reseller who hot swapped the BIOS chip after a flash failure.
Has the mainboard been verified as working prior to this incident with this BIOS implementation ?
Old 9th January, 2002, 01:14 PM

Thanks for replies

I had been using the motherboard for two months before BIOS flash failed. This is the first time I've used \ reassembled since getting it back.

Memory is 2 * 256 Crucial CAS 2.5 PC 2100 which I've put in Dimm slots 1 & 2. (Not had chance to re-seat yet as I'm at work)

9242 3DMark2001 points
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th January, 2002, 01:16 PM
EPoX Tech

Have you tried to power the mainboard outside of the case on top of a book, shorting the power terminals to trigger a system start as a diagnostic.
Old 9th January, 2002, 03:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to t3knolgoy

yo

hey man, i had this exact problem.. after an hour or so of no luck, i moved the memory to the 2+3 Dimm slots instead of 1 + 2, suprisingly, it w0rked.. i hope it works for u
Old 10th January, 2002, 09:27 AM

I tried pretty much everything last night. Board out of case, reseating memory modules in different slots etc without much success.

I now seem to be getting a mixture of Post Codes :-

C5 Call chipset hook to copy BIOS back to E000 & F000
shadow RAM.

01 Expand the Xgroups locating in physical address 1000:0

Since my reseller hot swapped the BIOS chips for me it sounds like it hasn't worked. Should they be getting me a new BIOS chip or is there more I can try ?

Many thanks

9242 3DMark2001 points
Old 10th January, 2002, 09:41 AM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Shelton
I tried pretty much everything last night. Board out of case, reseating memory modules in different slots etc without much success.

I now seem to be getting a mixture of Post Codes :-

C5 Call chipset hook to copy BIOS back to E000 & F000
shadow RAM.

01 Expand the Xgroups locating in physical address 1000:0

Since my reseller hot swapped the BIOS chips for me it sounds like it hasn't worked. Should they be getting me a new BIOS chip or is there more I can try ?

Many thanks
It seems that whatever has happened, your board no longer works as a result. Please consult with your reseller. The term hot swapped does seem pretty odd. It could mean booting one BIOS, extracting, inserting another chip and flashing a new BIOS to that chip to create a duplicate. This practice is however inadvisable.

I think that the quicker you contact the reseller, the quicker your problem will be resolved.
Old 10th January, 2002, 05:33 PM
EPoX Tech

Shelton,

I do believe that you have performed a modification to your board in order to run at 2.04v. Due to the warranty implications that this has, if you are confident that it is your BIOS, you may be better getting in touch with the branch office to purchase a BIOS eeprom.