AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 5th January, 2004, 05:29 PM

cant set any multiplier with ep-8k9ai and xp 2400 tb

hello everyone !

i have a epox ep-8k9ai and a xp 2400 tb and i tried to overclock it .as far as i know i should be able to set any mutiplier with this combination but it simple wont work .i tried to set any multiplier from 8x to 16x but when rebooting its every time at the standart multiplier which is 15x .in the bios setup the multi is on the setting i had tried but it dont work.do i need some special bios or something like that to make the multipliers work?
i hope someone can help me

ps:sorry for some errors but english is not my native language
Old 5th January, 2004, 06:49 PM

The latest AMD chips are multiplier locked. If you have a look over the surface of the chip (top part where the die is) it should be flat and you should NOT be able to see the microcircuits. If you can the it is locked and you will have to do a wire trick. Just search Tomshardware.com

Andy
Old 5th January, 2004, 06:59 PM

yes this is true for bartons and thortons but i have a xp 2400 toroughbred i bought it 3 months ago it shouldnt be locked this way, and my epox 8k9ai board should unlock the multis on toroughbreds as far as i know.

Last edited by tetsuo666; 5th January, 2004 at 07:13 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th January, 2004, 08:34 PM

Well as far as I know all 32bit AMD`s are now locked. Have you tried the wire trick? Also try booting @ x9.5 on the multiplier and then change it to what ever you want. My 8KRA2+ (very similar to yours) will only unlock if I do it this way. Good luck

Andy
Old 5th January, 2004, 09:28 PM
AOA Staff

The year and week of manufacture should be written on the chip, eg. 0340 where 03 is the year and 40 would be the week number. If it was made after week 39 then the multiplier will be locked.
Old 6th January, 2004, 11:05 AM
EPoX Tech

It's not so much about week number as it is package type. If you have Z type it will unlock, T type won't.