AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th January, 2004, 04:06 PM

HELP: 8RDA+ with POST code 2b (26?)

I have recently upgraded my video card from a Radeon 7200 to a XFX GeForce FX5900 128Mb. First the nvidia driver told me that my power supply is not enough (but I can still boot my winxp). So I upgraded from 300w to a 550w power supply. But now my system hangs when the video card logo is displayed, before it entering the bios screen. POST code shows 2b (I assume it is not 26). The problem is in the manual code 2b is listed as "Reserved".

Does anyone has ever seen the same POST code? Any suggestion is appreciated.

My system: 8RDA+/corsair PC2700 512MB X 2/Barton 2500+ (all at stock speed)/XFX GeForce FX5900 128Mb/Maxtor 30Gb/Windows XP home
Old 7th January, 2004, 04:37 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Hello,

Does your card need a separate power input and if so have you connected the secondary cable? If the psu is the problem try switching to the old psu.

Chris
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 7th January, 2004, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbard
Hello,

Does your card need a separate power input and if so have you connected the secondary cable? If the psu is the problem try switching to the old psu.

Chris
Yes the card needs an extra power input. The wierd thing is when I switched back to the old psu, I got the same problem!
Old 7th January, 2004, 07:35 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by againgod
POST code shows 2b (I assume it is not 26). The problem is in the manual code 2b is listed as "Reserved".
I think it would be code 26, which for some reason is listed as reserved in the appendix. But, is specified as 'Overclock Fail' elsewhere - confusing.

The suggested fix is to reset the CMOS.
Old 8th January, 2004, 07:54 AM

I had a ATI rad 9600 pro that would yield the same code and not complete bootup /no video . I sent the rad 9600 pro back card , later someone told me to disable the firewire/1394 in bios , using the old video card to enter bios menu . I never had the chance but worth a try , there were other bios items that could be changed to entice bootup with new high powered vid cards , check old post on vid card problems .