AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th January, 2004, 08:42 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Angry To Raid or not to Raid

Hello,

After reading the manual for INNOVISION EIO ATA 133 RAID PCI CONTROLLER DM 8401 I still don't know where lies my problem. After setting up the bios for a stripe setting (0) for my two hdd Seagate 80 GB and everything it's ok so far
1. I don't know what are the files that should be on the disk when booting into the XP setup. After I press F6 (I have put on the floppy disk iteraid, iteraid setup info, iteraid security catalog, iteraid system file and txtsetup.oem) I can choose between raid for NT and raid for 2000/xp and after choosing xp
2. it gives me an error number 18 and I can't go no further. I think the floppy doesn't contain what is supposed to contain or something it's very wrong. I am using xp prof sp 1 included. Please help.

Chris
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th January, 2004, 06:27 AM

USually if the file is not on the disk you will not get an Error 18 it will just say it cannot find the correct file.
Creative Audigy 2 ZS
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Orginal ATI Retail) 427 core and 360 mem
2 x 80 gig WD SE SATA raid 0
Lite-on dvd and Lite-on DVD-RW/CDRW
Kingwin premodded case
Swiftech MCX 462-V with tornadoe (fan controled)
Swiftech MCX-159 on NB
Samsung SyncMaster 191T plus! (primary)
Sony Trinitron 17 inch (secondary)
Logitech Z560 4.1 system
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th January, 2004, 07:42 AM
Benchmarker

Hello

Because my second Seagate hasn't arrived I use as a secondary hdd a maxtor 80 gb. Could this be the problem? The message I get is: FILE \WIN2K_XP\ITERAID.SYS CAUSED AN UNEXPECTED ERROR (18) AT LINE 2108 IN D:\XPSP1\BASE\BOOT\SETUP\OEMDISK.C.

If that would only help...

Chris
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 9th January, 2004, 12:22 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

ITERAID.SYS is the driver for your RAID adapter itself. Generally, files that end in .SYS are drivers under Windows 2K and above.

For the floppy disk, 2K and XP expect to find a txtsetup.oem file, which tells them which files are needed for the driver. This way, it doesn't matter if there are extra files on the floppy disk.

Your problems would suggest that the driver you have doesn't work properly. It might be worth reformatting the floppy disk (Do not select quick format), and copying the files across again in case one of them has been damaged.
Old 10th January, 2004, 12:44 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Ancient1

me'think the floppy is flopped and/or file corrupt.
please replace

NF7-S Ver2.0 heatsinked and WC.
WCed Barton 2500+
256Mb CL2.5 TwinMos 3200 @200 7332
MSI Ti4600 VTD 333/693 WCed.
SONATA case 380W TruePower + Acoustipack kit.
x2 Raptor 36Gb Raid
few more IDE HDDs and rounded Cables and TVtuner.
Samsung 959NF, Painted BLACK.
LiteOn 48x24x48x16 Combo Painted Black
Soon Freezer cooled WC sys.
...ongoing project...
Old 10th January, 2004, 07:46 PM
Benchmarker

Talking It's working

Hello guys,

The problem was that i copied the files in the root and there was a info file that specified the winxp dir as the container of the iteraid.sys. I got an answer from Innovision and they specified the address for downloading the disk as it was created. Now I got my system up and running. Thank you for your help. Rethorical question: it is so hard to include a simple disk next to the cd? Nowhere was specified in the package I received (the controller) the way the disk should be created.
Cheers

Chris

Old 10th January, 2004, 09:26 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

I'd agree with you there! It'd be great to have a nice simple little program that just writes the floppy disk with the right files in the right place. It's not too hard, and there are commercially available tools that will do it!