AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th January, 2004, 02:49 PM

Is my 8RDA+ dying?

I have the rev.1 and it has worked great for me with no problems,but in the past it shuts down under heavy load and i cant figure out whats happening since it has been stabel all the way at 219Fsb and now not stabel at all at 200 in the past.

Do i hav to buy me a new board? and what board for high fsb??
Old 10th January, 2004, 09:47 PM

a few things could be the issue. This might be a OVP issue (overvolting protection) or the mosfets getting to hot or your caps could be slowly leaking. You can also check your memory sticks to make sure the memory is not a issue.

Check all caps on the motherboard to make sure there is no signs of leaking.

There is a mod to bypass the OVP issue, but it is not a 100% cure. You can PM me for the link.

As for the mosfets, you can use ramsinks. Make sure you put a ramsink on each of the 5 mosfets located to the left of the CPU socket, also make sure you put a BGA ramsink on the VDD mosfet. The VDD mosfet is too small for a normal ramsink.

You can use memtest86 to test the memory.

If these fixes do not work then odds are the board is dying.

As for getting a new motherboard if needed. Then the NF7-S is the best overclocking motherboard out right now. There are a few options that will help with your overclock that the NF2 Epox motherboards do not have or use. Higher CPU and DIMM voltage options for one. Better memory timings options for another.
Old 11th January, 2004, 01:43 PM

Jepp it was the Ovp issue, i did a search on this and found out i had to cut pin 16.

The funny thing is that i could go up to 2V before on air but when i changed to water i got this problem at 1,85V.

Thanks for the help.