AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th January, 2002, 04:51 PM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Govan
Wat is the advantages of unclocking the processor??
with out Unclocking is it ok ... i push my FSB high for
OC'ing .....
With an unlocked processor, any multiplier can be chosen and therefore a compromise between highest FSB and highest overall clockspeed can be found at which the peak of performance is experienced.
Old 14th January, 2002, 07:30 PM

Thanks Epox Tech for your info regarding the new bios 8khi2108 dated 01/08/2002. You've been a great help & support there is
Old 16th January, 2002, 01:13 AM

Hey, I just got my Xp 1500+ yesterday. Tried O/C at 10x160 and 10x166, both POST and went into Windows XP.

But when I tried to run Sissoft Sandra TE, the system halted...."BLUE SCREEN", what could be the cause ?

I checked the temp, it was about 45'C, I think it is alright ?

Vcore uped to 1.85V, Vmem uped to 2.70v. Memeory speed set to 100, CAS 2, turbo settings. Anything wrong with this ?

I use only one memory stickk, Kingmax PC2400....but I have the feeling that this memory is not very good. Not even at par to Crucial PC2100......
Temp - idle 42'C , load 48'C
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th January, 2002, 04:09 AM

Is it posisble without unlocking as per "Cole" XP 1500+
can clock up to 1700 that Cool...

But is it stone stable with that speed and how long your
system run with tthat speed ... ??? what the temp
shows .....

i'm using XP 1600+ so it can do even better than that
but so far i tired only up to 1470@XP 1700

KingMax 256 PC2400
Maxtor 40GB ATA133
DVD Liteon
Lian Li PC 5
GlobalWin SAK 38
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th January, 2002, 04:14 AM

Epox tech ... wat is your advice is ok i update
my bios ....with new bios 8khi2108 dated 01/08/2002

any effect in my stability or anything ??????

KingMax 256 PC2400
Maxtor 40GB ATA133
DVD Liteon
Lian Li PC 5
GlobalWin SAK 38
Old 16th January, 2002, 07:36 AM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Govan
Epox tech ... wat is your advice is ok i update
my bios ....with new bios 8khi2108 dated 01/08/2002

any effect in my stability or anything ??????

For enthusiasts I would still recommend the 8khal00.bin binary for tweaking
Old 16th January, 2002, 08:28 AM

Epox Tech,

You meant that the beta BIOS 8khal00.bin is better than the official 08/01/2002 BIOS in term of tweaking ??!

I thought the Epox main page did mention before that you were doing the research for a super BIOS, isn't it the official one dated 08/01/02 ??

SO, the official BIOS is considered a "normal" BIOS, will there be a SUPER one soon ?
Temp - idle 42'C , load 48'C
Old 16th January, 2002, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushkin Rules
SWEET, I finally did it. My Athlon XP1600+ is now 100% UNLOCKED.
You are still at 1.6 Are you going to push it up or not

If you do tell us if the Sandra numbers are better
Old 16th January, 2002, 10:29 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser_Sose

Will people stop pinching my name!
Old 16th January, 2002, 12:54 PM

I have been using this nick for years
Old 16th January, 2002, 01:18 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
I have been using this nick for years
K_S, sorry but we do not allow any but our Allied sites to use URL's in their signatures.

We also do not allow ANY discussion of Warez or DVD ripping methods.
Such posting Will get a person permanently ban from AOA.

That said welcome to our forums, I hope you find it to be all that you hoped it would be":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Last edited by Daniel ~; 16th January, 2002 at 01:21 PM.
Old 16th January, 2002, 02:48 PM

Daniel, respectfuly, can you tell me what encoding a video file has to do with what you call Warez.

Tom's video on unlocking an XP is encoded with Divx, is that warez

My DVD RIP guide is the farthest thing from warez. Your corelation of them is completely false. All the tools needed to RIP a DVD is FREEWARE. To put it plain and simple, if you think its warez, than encoding your favorite music to MP3 [freeware emcoding engine] is warez also. Last time I looked you can buy MP3 players in a store

So are you going to let me use my SIG and what in the world do you associate me with Warez for
Old 16th January, 2002, 09:58 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Daniel, respectfuly, can you tell me what encoding a video file has to do with what you call Warez.

Tom's video on unlocking an XP is encoded with Divx, is that warez

My DVD RIP guide is the farthest thing from warez. Your corelation of them is completely false. All the tools needed to RIP a DVD is FREEWARE. To put it plain and simple, if you think its warez, than encoding your favorite music to MP3 [freeware emcoding engine] is warez also. Last time I looked you can buy MP3 players in a store

So are you going to let me use my SIG and what in the world do you associate me with Warez for
As to your signature, it is as I explained in my first post. Please read our forum rules.

As to DVD ripping, while it may have legal uses, that is not my concern here. Rather the vast majority of the time in which it is used for creating WAREZ. Where you stand on this is your business and none of my own. I simply gave you quick access to forum policy.

Such methodologies ARE NOT to be discussed or linked to in AOA Forums. This is policy, discussion will not change this. This is a matter of AOA Forums survival.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 16th January, 2002, 10:46 PM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser Soze

Will people stop pinching my name!

If you are the Kaizer Soze from Overclockers.co.uk , I know you are the most credible - don't worry.
Old 16th January, 2002, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EPoX Tech

If you are the Kaizer Soze from Overclockers.co.uk , I know you are the most credible - don't worry.
That's me my good man (think I've had an email discussion with you too when the 8KHA+ came out), do you post on ocuk?
Old 17th January, 2002, 01:01 AM
EPoX Tech

I don't I'm afraid. I do read many many forums and newsgroups to see what the end users are experiencing, and what stories they are making up and what misconceptions they have at times. We see then from our standpoint where to act - what is a real issue and sometimes - what isn't !!!

Certain folk got me a little grieved last night - so the binary for everyone's favourite board got changed to that of 16th January with Interleave enabled - that's what the people wanted !

BTW - I now also have 8KHA and 8KHAL BIOSes the same which I'll upload when I get into the office at about 10:30GMT tomorrow.

Nice speaking with you again Kaizer Soze !
Old 17th January, 2002, 01:04 AM

Hi Kaiser. (I dunno who is who LOL)

It seems its the same group of people posting everywhere these days.

I dont normally post on OCUK but trubs thread on OCS made me come back, maybee he has done us all a favor bringing all the forums together

Anway this is totaly off topic, so ill shut up.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 17th January, 2002, 01:11 AM
EPoX Tech

Are all the rest of you UK boys watching "Dangerous Minds" on ITV at 10 past midnight whilst browsing here ?
Old 17th January, 2002, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EPoX Tech
I don't I'm afraid. I do read many many forums and newsgroups to see what the end users are experiencing, and what stories they are making up and what misconceptions they have at times. We see then from our standpoint where to act - what is a real issue and sometimes - what isn't !!!

Certain folk got me a little grieved last night - so the binary for everyone's favourite board got changed to that of 16th January with Interleave enabled - that's what the people wanted !

BTW - I now also have 8KHA and 8KHAL BIOSes the same which I'll upload when I get into the office at about 10:30GMT tomorrow.

Nice speaking with you again Kaizer Soze !
I have to say it is incredibly useful to have you around, and especially between you and mushkin rules, and recently macci (master of modding?), I have learnt alot about this board from this forum, so Thanks!

I do have some suggestions for teh kt333 board, which it may be useful to let you know about, as you may be able to encourage people to look into this, some of this is based on the Iwill board.

Looking at the new Iwill board, first thing is the sound chip looks very tasty indeed!

Next thing - most reviews I have seen see the Iwill posting less in sisoft mem benches, but better 3dmark and other graphics benches. I believe this is through better agp implementation. Is this something you could look into, or is this more of a VIA problem? Either way is there anyway you could encourage a comparable level of agp implementation to the Iwill, so the better mem benches could translate into far superior graphics - that would be awesome!

Perhaps this would be best suited in a new thread?

KS
Old 17th January, 2002, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Holst
Hi Kaiser. (I dunno who is who LOL)

It seems its the same group of people posting everywhere these days.

I dont normally post on OCUK but trubs thread on OCS made me come back, maybee he has done us all a favor bringing all the forums together

Anway this is totaly off topic, so ill shut up.
I'm intrigued, what was the trub (ador?) thread on OCS, I stopped going there a while back when he pissed me off.