AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th January, 2004, 12:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to MordaciousK

Question EP-3vwm2

Hi everyone!I have an EP-3VWM2 m/board and have purchased a sapphire Raedon 7000 64MB ddr graphics card(PCI version).However it doesn't seem to be installing and I have no idea how to disable the onboard graphics as the default init display is alreay set to PCI.Can anyone help?
Old 20th January, 2004, 09:22 AM
EPoX Tech

Hiya there,

It's not possible to disable the onboard VGA due to the way in which memory is addressed in the Promedia chipset.

Would recommend the use of a discrete chipset mainboard or SMA chipset mainboard with AGP slot to be able to use this PCI graphics card. The 3VWM2 isn't suitable for this unfortunatley - it is a high volume SI board that is best suited to the tasks of web browsing, office work etc, and through very saturated performance isn't suited to games play; hence even the succesful addition of a VGA adaptor would not make the machine useful for such I'm afraid.
Old 20th January, 2004, 10:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to MordaciousK

Thank you Epox Tech.At least now I know that its not anything I'm doing wrong.Cheers bud!