AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 21st January, 2004, 10:29 PM

Unhappy Problems with 8KTA3+

Hey There,

I was having problems with my ADSL dialup under Win2k so I thought I would format and install WinXP Inc SP1, the installation went fine so I was going through and installing my drivers for the different hardware, I connected to the net and downloaded the latest drivers for my HighPoint 370(A) raid controller. I went through system > hardware > device manager, selected mass storage controller and selected update driver.

I then selected the place that I had extracted the driver files to and selected the WinXP folder, clicked next, it looked as though it was going through the installation process and it then presented me with this message.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/fluffyguts/images/driver.JPG

I am now stuck because I can't access my other hard disks, any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Old 22nd January, 2004, 03:15 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to MisterE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluff
Hey There,

I was having problems with my ADSL dialup under Win2k so I thought I would format and install WinXP Inc SP1, the installation went fine so I was going through and installing my drivers for the different hardware, I connected to the net and downloaded the latest drivers for my HighPoint 370(A) raid controller. I went through system > hardware > device manager, selected mass storage controller and selected update driver.

I then selected the place that I had extracted the driver files to and selected the WinXP folder, clicked next, it looked as though it was going through the installation process and it then presented me with this message.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/fluffyguts/images/driver.JPG

I am now stuck because I can't access my other hard disks, any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Have you tried using System Restore to roll back to the other drivers?

Start>Help and Support>System Restore

Most RAID Drivers are loaded prior to Windows booting.

Good Luck
Old 22nd January, 2004, 09:19 AM
EPoX Tech

Since the drivers for Highpoint controller need to be contiguous with the BIOS you should not need for updating the driver. For what reason was driver upgrade required ?
Old 22nd January, 2004, 02:21 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

As ET suggests, it's best (and recommended by HighPoint) that you keep the RAID BIOS and driver in step with each other. Highpoint warn that if they go out of step, you run the risk of data corruption.
Old 22nd January, 2004, 07:32 PM

Well I don't have the latest bios for the board but I have flashed it before, so I guess I just want the drivers that match the current version of the controller bios?