AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4th February, 2004, 06:58 AM

Aggressive Memory Mode Settings

Damn Prime95!

What are the best setting for Aggressive Memory Mode. Max, Standard, Turbo, Manual?

If Manual, what should I be using for CPU Bus Park, Intel Fast CS, Intel CPC Function?

What do each of these settings do?
Old 4th February, 2004, 12:31 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

I'm presuming that you have a board that supports an Intel processor? It might help if you mention which motherboard, as different boards do have differences in the way they handle memory.
Old 4th February, 2004, 03:06 PM
EPoX Tech

It does depend on what your memory can actually handle since these PAT like operand are meant for Intel approved ECC memories which (and I assume you are using i865) the Springdale does not support.
Old 4th February, 2004, 04:02 PM

Man am I sorry. I must have been falling asleep when I wrote that.

It's a 4PCA3+ V2 with Geil PC4000 and a 2.4C.
Old 4th February, 2004, 04:11 PM
EPoX Tech

The Geil memory isn't a good place to start looking since its not Intel Approved...........
Old 5th February, 2004, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPoX Tech
The Geil memory isn't a good place to start looking since its not Intel Approved...........
Back to one of his original questions:

What do each of these settings do?
Old 5th February, 2004, 12:30 PM
EPoX Tech

I unfortunatley cannt state due to the way in which we implement these routines - it is for NDA.
Old 5th February, 2004, 04:00 PM

Alright then, can you tell us what one of the 3 will give you the biggest performance increase?
Old 5th February, 2004, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPoX Tech
I unfortunatley cannt state due to the way in which we implement these routines - it is for NDA.
Evidentily CPC is clock per cycle.

I still have not found for sure what "CS" stands for though.
Old 5th February, 2004, 07:58 PM

Intel Fast CS is to enable Pat for 875p base board, CPC is very tough on the memory, I cannot get it to be stable with CPC enable. Beside I don't notice any or much improvement in proformance with it being enable. CPU bus park, which I don't have no idea what it is for( the same as the CPC, not much improvement at all). In the bios I just left mine like this: enable, enable, disable. I think the biggest proformance is the leave the Intel Fast CS enable(Same as Pat).
3.0C L348 SL6WK @ 3.824 255fsb 1.65vcore| SP-94 w/92mm Delta 110cfm, Tiger1 NB HS/Fan | 2x 256 Corsair XMS PC3500 BH-5 v1.1 @1:1 510mhz 2-2-2-5@3.38vdimm| Softmod Sapphire 9500np->9700 Omega 4.5 driver 440/346 w/SLK-900u(Vgpu@1.75v, Vddr@3.25v Hell-Modded) | TBSC Sound Card, NEC 1760NX-White | 2X WD 80g SE 8mb cache Raid 0, 1x 60g Maxtor storage | Antec TP550W @3.75v, 5.35v, 12.35v Hell-modded

3DMark2001SE - Now hit 22+K | 3DMark2003 - 6912
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th February, 2004, 08:26 PM

Thank you OC_Newbee. That is the information I am was for.