AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th February, 2004, 02:31 PM

8RDA+ and xp3000+

Hello,
My cousin has just bought an epox 8rda+ board and an athlon xp3000+, and has just phoned me to ask what settings he needs to change in the bios to get it to run at full speed.
I myself don't have an epox board, so don't know what bios it is using which makes it a little difficult to advise him.

So if someone could give me a quick list to pass onto him that would be great, thanks

He's also mentiond something about when trying to update the bois using "magic bios(?)" it tells him there is a new version avaliable, but when he tries to download it it says "download binary file failed" - anyone know what that's about?

Thanks for any info.
Old 11th February, 2004, 03:50 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Veky Send a message via AIM to Veky Send a message via MSN to Veky Send a message via Yahoo to Veky

I get the same Magic BIOS message, it seems to be broken... as usually.

I think all you need to do is set the FSB to 166 and the multiplier should be at 12.

Either that or 10,5 x 200.
PNY GeForce 6800GT
Seagate 250GB SATA
Tagan 430W PSU
Windows XP SP2
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th February, 2004, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veky
I think all you need to do is set the FSB to 166 and the multiplier should be at 12..
166 x 13.5 shouldn't it? (2.24Ghz? 333FSB)
Although I need to know the name of the menu to tell him to go into to change it.

Thanks for the info about magicbios.
Old 11th February, 2004, 04:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Veky Send a message via AIM to Veky Send a message via MSN to Veky Send a message via Yahoo to Veky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizantium
166 x 13.5 shouldn't it? (2.24Ghz? 333FSB)
Although I need to know the name of the menu to tell him to go into to change it.

Thanks for the info about magicbios.
I am pretty sure it's 13 x 166.

The settings are under "Advanced Chipset" in the BIOS.
PNY GeForce 6800GT
Seagate 250GB SATA
Tagan 430W PSU
Windows XP SP2
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th February, 2004, 08:57 PM
Banned

It's 166x13, As I have one on My 8RDA+ r1.1 motherboard with the Ultra-400 Chipset, It seems I'm one of the lucky few who received one, But I bought this one on ebay of course. I also made a small switched circuit for altering the vdd voltage (1.84v & 1.95v), But It requires soldering wires to a chip on the motherboard and is over at www.amdmb.com/ or "www.amd mb.com/" As It would form a Link and that is forbidden here It seems , Ideas are free to be exchanged in the USA as It always has been, Afterall the US is and has Historically been considered to be the Best Country on Earth bar none (If one ever wonders Why so many people left Europe for the USA? That's why.), But that is Why We are the only Superpower on Earth, period. I placed a space in the 2nd address to avoid It being possibly starred out too, As I don't want to repeat Myself over here as It just isn't worth the effort. Besides most people have the amdmb.com website bookmarked by now, So It shouldn't be too hard to go to the Epox section there from here.

I'm Patriotic, But not overly patriotic and No I'm not a Cowboy, If I was so what? (I have ridden a Horse in the past and No one taught Me how to do It either, But I couldn't do that now, I'm disabled and I wouldn't subject a Horses back to My weight now at all, But weight is just a minor problem for Me(Near 390lbs.), Back Pain, Concentration, Anxiety problems, Arthritis, Bad ankles, Stiff left leg from a broken pair of bones(Clicks too), Depression(Not Mild either), Bad eye sight, etc. All make Me disabled according to the Social Security Administration) I also like to help people when I can, I can't always do that, But I do try at least and It doesn't matter where on the globe one is, If You have a problem and I know the answer, I'll write or type It up as best I can. But then I have plenty of time and this is the computer I built and at 2.52Ghz It's a fast one too, sure It's not a 4.00Ghz P4, But I didn't spend that much either. See My Sig for more Information.

Last edited by zoom314; 12th February, 2004 at 04:11 AM. Reason: bump ;)
Old 11th February, 2004, 09:15 PM

He's up and running now

Thanks.
Old 11th February, 2004, 09:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
He's up and running now

Thanks.
Good for You, I'm really glad.
Old 12th February, 2004, 01:11 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom314
" As It would form a Link and that is forbidden here , Ideas are free to be exchanged in the USA as It always has been, Afterall the US is and has Historically been considered to be the Best Country on Earth bar none (If one ever wonders Why so many people left Europe for the USA? That's why.)
Think you'll find it is a link - Links themselves are not banned, but overuse pimping a few particular sites multiple times is. Otherwise, we'd just find that a few "enterprising" sales people tried to flood the forum with links to their online shop. Don't laugh, it's already happened.

Right now, I'd personally avoid travelling to the US. I don't think that treating visitors as criminals (Why else take pictures and fingerprints?), nor abusing personal data makes the "best" country on earth. Whilst I believe that patriotism has it's place, I do not believe that unbounded patriotism is wise. Asking leaders to provide concrete reasons for their actions seems to be fairly sensible. Don't worry, some countries in Europe are currently examining recent events too.
Old 12th February, 2004, 03:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Áedán
Think you'll find it is a link - Links themselves are not banned, but overuse pimping a few particular sites multiple times is. Otherwise, we'd just find that a few "enterprising" sales people tried to flood the forum with links to their online shop. Don't laugh, it's already happened.

Right now, I'd personally avoid travelling to the US. I don't think that treating visitors as criminals (Why else take pictures and fingerprints?), nor abusing personal data makes the "best" country on earth. Whilst I believe that patriotism has it's place, I do not believe that unbounded patriotism is wise. Asking leaders to provide concrete reasons for their actions seems to be fairly sensible. Don't worry, some countries in Europe are currently examining recent events too.
Don't feel bad, A few less terrorists don't bother us one bit, (We have a perfect song for It, It's called Another One Bites The Dust (At least I think that's the title)) They won't win or get anywhere by acting like spoiled brats. Yeah there are some mosques that promote or allow pitches to join in a Jihad against the USA? So How about arresting these Bums that do promote or that ask for Jihad volunteers from the Ignorant memebers of the Mosque??? When the real problem is that governments in the Middle East are not popular, Nor Democratic in any way shape or form.... At Least Afganistan and soon Iraq will be or are in the Democratic area, Even If the Stupid Idiot Osama Bin Lauden boasts about more attacks on US Territory and It sounds more and more hollow everyday, He can run, But He can't hide forever, Saddam thought He could, Now He's caught. Osama Bin Lauden, Your mother wears Army Boots!! Old insult, I doubt He'd understand that He's a Yellow Bellied Coward, Is the same as being a DOG......

Edit:The USA would like these governments to be Democratic with Multiparty elections and Freedom of the Press and of course Print the Truth in what one prints, But unless It's a Threat to US here, We would rather not interfere. And If buying Oil is helping to support these governments, It's not the US Goverment that does so, The United States Government does't buy Foreign Oil, It gets all the Oil It needs from Alaska which is a part of the USA, Foreign Oil is Imported to the USA by Privately Owned Oil Companies only and is only regulated by the US Government, A Government of the People. By the People and Of the People (A part of the Gettysburg Address 1862 by then US President Abraham Lincoln).

Last edited by zoom314; 12th February, 2004 at 04:23 AM.
Old 12th February, 2004, 08:05 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

sigh....
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 12th February, 2004, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Don't feel bad
Oh, I don't feel bad - I'm just a little concerned that history might be in the process of repeating itself once again. My concern is that a few western countries are heading on the road that has "dictatorship" written on it. There's plenty of cases in history where when people's rights have been heavily suppressed (Often for what appears to be the right reasons), the dreaded dictatorship has a real chance to lift it's head and creep into the workings of an otherwise democratic system.

Quote:
The United States Government does't buy Foreign Oil, It gets all the Oil It needs from Alaska which is a part of the USA
That's why the US Army, a part of the US Government were using Kuwaiti oil then? Part of the US military, Direct Delivery Fuels (DESC-P), is responsible for worldwide acquisition and materiel management in fuel oil matters. That means they're buying foreign oil.

Additionally, the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) that the Department of Energy (DOE) maintains is made up of a number of domestic and foreign crude oils.
Old 12th February, 2004, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel ~
sigh....
well said
Old 12th February, 2004, 11:14 AM

Quote:
We have a perfect song for It, It's called Another One Bites The Dust
That'll be Queen then. Who, as I'm no doubt you're aware, hail from the UK.
Old 12th February, 2004, 11:15 AM

Quote:
well said
Your cousin is up and running, which is fantastic! How long before he starts overclocking it?
Old 12th February, 2004, 11:52 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Thank you Bizantium and welcome to AOA. Your enjoying the local color I hope? ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 12th February, 2004, 12:04 PM

I think I should move certain portions of this thread elsewhere, so it doesn't remain cluttered and potentially hijacked!

There's always plenty of local character too
Old 12th February, 2004, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Áedán
Your cousin is up and running, which is fantastic! How long before he starts overclocking it?
Well since he phoned me and expected me to travel 60 miles to go and put the setting into his BIOS for him, I doubt he'll be overclocking it (unless he does it by mistake).

Hmm... actually, maybe I should have gone to see him... and switched it for one of the xp1800's I've got sitting around