AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12th March, 2004, 04:42 PM

EPOX 8K5a3+ RAID help.

Hi there, posting this on behalf of my mate.

He's had his two maxtor 80gb HDD RAIDED in a RAID 0 configuration, its been like this for a year or so and he has ALL his Uni dissertation and everything on it and he tried to switch on this morning to back it all up and it spun up and wouldnt work.

He unlplugged all the drives and went thru them one by one and it POSTS with one drive (either connected) but with two it whirs the fans and switches off.

Now I'm hoping his crappy q-tec PSU has buggered up but if it hasnt is there anyway to get all his data back, say by booting off a spare IDE drive and recovering the RAIDed drives in XP pro ?

ABIT AN7 2500xp-m @ 2.8ghz (H20-220 WC) , 1GB Twinmos PC3200, Radeon 9800pro(XT flashed)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th March, 2004, 04:46 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Theoretically, yes. But if his PSU is the problem, adding another drive to the mix won't help. Or am I misunderstanding what you are going to do?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th March, 2004, 06:54 PM

I'm going to try my antec PSU in there see if its a PSU problem first, if its not I just wondered If I could salvage the data.

ABIT AN7 2500xp-m @ 2.8ghz (H20-220 WC) , 1GB Twinmos PC3200, Radeon 9800pro(XT flashed)

Old 12th March, 2004, 09:15 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

As long as it uses the same type of RAID controller, then you should be able to do what you propose. Note that things get problematic as you make the hardware and BIOS more and more different