AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4th April, 2004, 11:16 AM

4pca3+ serial raid and raid at the same time

hi all,

I am new to this forum and using raid.
I have few questions want to ask.

After I enable SATA raid mode in bios, I found that the normal "CTRL-H" screen disappeared. Then, how could I enter highpoint bios to configure the highpoint IDE?

In addition, what would happen if I load a ghost image of WINXP which have previously installed on a normal IDE harddisk into a highpoint non-raid harddisk. Could it boot up successfully?

THX ALL
Old 4th April, 2004, 05:20 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Depends on the BIOS, but a lot of times you can't have two different kinds of RAID running at the same time.

As long as you have the drivers for the Highpoint loaded on the OS when you do the image, you should be able to boot from the drive.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th April, 2004, 05:25 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
Depends on the BIOS, but a lot of times you can't have two different kinds of RAID running at the same time.

As long as you have the drivers for the Highpoint loaded on the OS when you do the image, you should be able to boot from the drive.
thanks for your help gizmo.

May be highpoint raid would not be possible in this case for my pc. However, could those IDE devices that are being connected to highpoint be detected by the OS?
Old 5th April, 2004, 05:44 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Yes, as long as they are connected to a regular IDE channel, and as long as they were all run as standalone drives, or in a RAID 1 (drive mirror).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th April, 2004, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
Yes, as long as they are connected to a regular IDE channel, and as long as they were all run as standalone drives, or in a RAID 1 (drive mirror).
thx
I will have a try.

Actually I should have had a try before asking, HAHA.
Old 5th April, 2004, 03:13 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Depends on how adventurous you are.