AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20th January, 2002, 07:27 AM

Whats the latest Beta bios for 8K7A?

and were can i get it?
Old 20th January, 2002, 07:31 AM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

The latest one posted on aoafiles.com is 8k7a1b25 which was uploaded on November 25. I must assume that that is the latest BETA BIOS.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th January, 2002, 04:43 PM

I don't know if there is a difference in the bios but I am using 8k7a1b26 for the 8k7a.

You can download it here:
http://www.epox.nl/english/support/downloads.htm

Last edited by WinXP; 20th January, 2002 at 04:45 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st January, 2002, 12:57 AM

There's supposedly also a January 2002 bios being mentioned in the AMDMB forums.
Old 22nd January, 2002, 02:22 AM

I e-mailed Ken at Amdmb.com an he sent me the 8k7a2108 bios dated Jan. 8 2002 an running it right now. I haven't benchmarked it yet or had time to see if is stable yet.
Old 22nd January, 2002, 05:35 AM

Do you think you could email it to me???

I could mirror it at www.rizenet.com

Please email it to k63@rizenet.com

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd January, 2002, 12:05 AM

Send a message via ICQ to thehandler

8KHA+

OK, as long as you are giving out info, where can a guy get that new Beta bios for the 8KHA+? You know, the one that has just come out and reportedly lets you oc above 150mhz while leaving 4-way interleave enabled? Read about it on the AOA board but didn't find a link to it. Mike
PC-3200 2 gig. G.SKILL cas 2 with Heatspreaders.
HIS Radeon XP1650GT/512 GDDAN-R ICEQ RTL.
WD SATA Raptor 150GIG
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card.
PSU 700W GameXStream RT OCZ700GXSSLI.
Thermaltake Xaser III V1000A Case.
21” Samsung LCD monitor.
LOGITECH THX Z-5300 5.1 surround.
XP-PRO OS.
Old 23rd January, 2002, 12:48 AM
EPoX Tech

I could give you all a BIOS 8k7a2122.bin If I wanted - however there is no point - please don't bother with these BETA BIOS that come from strange sources - you cannot guarantee that they may not have a completely detrimental effect. Please only ever use an official BIOS, a BIOS modified for a specific reason by a respected modifier (such as http://www.biosmods.com) or a BIOS supplied to you by an EPoX member of staff.

Does anyone have a bugfix listing for this strange BIOS that you have ?

Any EPoX BIOS actually worth hosting will be hosted here rather than elsewhere with a guarantee of authenticity that others cannot offer.
Old 23rd January, 2002, 02:10 AM

This is the post at amdmb.com Ken made:
Quote:
Check your email, I've sent you the very latest EP-8k7a+ bios I got from EPOX, it's dated Jan 2002.
I would not use a bios unless the people state it is from the manufacture. If this is not a Epox bios ,I will go back to the 11/26/01 bios. This 8k7a2108 runs amazingly well with this mobo.
Old 23rd January, 2002, 02:37 AM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Re: 8KHA+

Quote:
Originally posted by thehandler
OK, as long as you are giving out info, where can a guy get that new Beta bios for the 8KHA+? You know, the one that has just come out and reportedly lets you oc above 150mhz while leaving 4-way interleave enabled? Read about it on the AOA board but didn't find a link to it. Mike
You can find it by searching for beta bios at our www.aoafiles.com site. Or, I can get you the link BRB

A direct link: http://www.aoafiles.com/dafiles/CPU_...S/8khi2116.bin

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 23rd January, 2002, 02:42 AM

Epox Tech, could you go ahead and give us the 8k7a2122.bin bios file you mention. What does this bios fix??? Any performance improvements???
Old 23rd January, 2002, 03:14 AM

Just tried out the 8k7a2108.bin bios. Immediate improvement in memory bandwidth. Looks like a huge boost in ALU and a minor boost in FPU.

Thanks to WinXP to providing it for me.

Let us know about the 8k7a2122.bin if you can Epox Tech. Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd January, 2002, 04:32 AM

Hey k6-3 are we playing tag on aoa and amdmb.

could you send me that bios or give me the link to that 8k7a2108 bios i would much appreciate it. I would like to find a link we could link it up for all our amdmb.com buddies.

Wazer

allenjr@hotmail.com
Old 23rd January, 2002, 04:41 AM

No prob. You'll get it in a couple minutes.
Old 23rd January, 2002, 06:47 AM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by K6-III
Epox Tech, could you go ahead and give us the 8k7a2122.bin bios file you mention. What does this bios fix??? Any performance improvements???
It was me just merely being pedantic !!! There is a BIOS on the internal server dated 2122, but its midterm work - it will probably turn into 2123 today, and 2124 tomorrow. I wouldn't touch these with a mile long stick.

I was basically stating that actual staff obviously have a lot easier and far more reaching access to binaries and revision details, as a result this does mean access to unfinished work - that I wouldn't put on anybody as I want you all to have stable systems.
Old 23rd January, 2002, 09:47 PM

Sure, let us know when you can about the next beta you can release for us for the 8K7A. The 8k7a2108 has been flawless for me.
Old 31st May, 2006, 09:51 AM

Hello all, I have any quest... 8K7A support AMD barton 2500? thanks
Old 9th June, 2006, 11:06 AM
Pixel Slave to Satan

Afraid not no - it doesn't support any Barton processor.