AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 23rd January, 2002, 12:05 AM

EPOX TECH!! AIW Radeon Fix, but....

i don't know if you remember or not but i was having trouble with my all in wonder radeon 8500dv and the epox 8kha+. Anyway it seems that there is a problem with the pci post writes being enabled. I read on another forum that someone with a Dragon+ mobo had this problem and he disabled it and it worked. So I disabled both of them them and now capture works perfectly, no dropped frames at all.
my question is, will disableing these pci post writes effect game performance and now that i narrowed it down, can this be fixed in a bios release? currently i am running the latest official bios, 1/16/02 (which did not help with the pci post writes enabled and had no effect at all in helping, at least i don't think.)
Anyway, i wasn't looking for you guys to fix the problem by yourselves, and i guess perserverance sometimes does pay off.
I guess what i am trying to say is even though i had to sweat a little to fix the problem, i want to thank my peers on all the boards i go on as well as your team at Epox. You guys do great work in releaseing not only good beta bios's but official ones as well. I think i can speak for everyone when i say thank you!
Old 23rd January, 2002, 12:37 AM
EPoX Tech

Please note that the BIOS you are running is BETA
Old 23rd January, 2002, 01:15 AM

yea i just realized it, i meant to say i tried 1/8/02 with no luck so i went to 1/16/02 for the interleave prob if i decide to o/c
Old 29th January, 2002, 06:13 PM

hey pitt...remember me...i found that fix also...but im still having another problem...i can capture just fine and control the camera just fine however when i finish capturing and mess with my video and go back to capturing some more im back to square one where i cant capture anymore...i can control the camera just fine but i have a black screen and no captured frames....the only way to fix this problem is to reboot...do you have this problem too??? any ideas on this?

dan
Old 29th January, 2002, 07:36 PM

no my whole problem is fixed. i just wish someone could tell me what pci popst writes do and if i should enable them for games and just disable when i want to capture.
mcclearen, i will check my settings when i get home to see if there is anything i have disabled.