AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 23rd June, 2004, 02:19 AM

8RDA3+ rev1 + Mobile Barton = no boot... help?

I recently boughta second hand Epox 8RDA3+ motherboard (revision 1, IIRC) and tried pairing it with a shiny new Mobile Athlon XP 2400+ (35W). Quite simply, it does not POST with this CPU and gives me a boot error code of 29 which is some CPU related error code.

I've tested the board with a Palomino 1600+ and it works fine. I've also tested the XP-M in another board and it works fine. Any suggestions? I've checked for grounding and I've updated to the latest Palomino.

Thanks in advance
Old 23rd June, 2004, 02:22 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Hmmm.........the BIOS may be puking because it can't identify the CPU. At least, that is the only thing I can figure. Wonder what would happen if you jumpered it like a regular XP 2400+ instead of a mobile?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd June, 2004, 02:48 AM

By jumpered it, you mean what if I modified the bridges on the CPU itself? I'd rather not touch the CPU bridges since I have neither the tools nor the manual dexterity to foolaround with the bridges on the CPU. I was hoping there might be some other mobo-related solution? If this doesn't work, I'm just gonna buy another board tomorrow; I need this computer up and running to get some work done.
Old 23rd June, 2004, 03:56 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Maybe ET can help. Also, check your PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!