AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th January, 2002, 04:42 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Enought is Enought

EPoX Tech
Veteran Member

Oh no !!! Please !!!

http://www.epox.com/html/english/su...sp?Article=1546

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

December-12-2001 12:28 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dom

Not working for me. I got mine to 167 and AGP was still at 84Mhz according to Sandra. I'm running 160 stable right now, but 167 caused my profile to corrupt. Using win2k.

December-12-2001 01:45 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wild_andy_c
AOA STAFF/OES/

Dom I think you need to make sure you set the RAM to 3/4 to do the high FSB

Last edited by wild_andy_c on December-12-2001 at 03:14 AM

December-12-2001 02:22 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dom

How?
I have 8K7A+ BTW. And it worked fine besides not finding my profile. It was stable afterwards. Stable enough for me to check the AGP frequency which didn't show another multiplier.

December-12-2001 08:54 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WinXP

Dom
They are talking about the 8KHA+ with the 1/5 not the 8K7A+ an you have no 3/4 with the 8K7A+. The latest bios for the 8KHA+ has the 3/4.

11x155
2-Crucial PC2100 256meg
WD 20 gig ata100
HPT Raid controller
Visiontek GTS2 64meg
MX300
3c905c txm nic
Win 2000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dom

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by WinXP
Dom
They are talking about the 8KHA+ with the 1/5 not the 8K7A+ an you have no 3/4 with the 8K7A+. The latest bios for the 8KHA+ has the 3/4.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what I though. Still confused as to why my AGP speed is high at 167?

EPoX Tech
Veteran Member

Perhaps my understanding now is different to then .........

I'm not going to get into a debate on it or have you try to make me justify myself. Drop the carrot.

Wa11y

Okay. Thanks.

My thinking is this: technical docs say a lot of things. But they also don't say a lot of things. If you can get it to work right, then be proud of your accomplishment. Sometimes it's best not to find out why.

But if you're hellbent on trying to find out, send an email to EPoX. I'm sure you can get an email address off their site. That way, you can get an offical response, and not harass our poor, beleagured Epox Tech. And it'll keep him out of trouble, and happy, I'm sure. Because then when someone asks about it, he can just point them to the offical answer.

Wa11y

Hate to repeat myself but.....

quote:
Originally posted by Wa11y
But if you're hellbent on trying to find out, send an email to EPoX. I'm sure you can get an email address off their site. That way, you can get an offical response, and not harass our poor, beleagured Epox Tech. And it'll keep him out of trouble, and happy, I'm sure. Because then when someone asks about it, he can just point them to the offical answer.

But if the 1/5 and 1/6 PCI dividers do exsist, then why my hdd won't work @ 200MHz FSB on a 8KHA+, bios 8khal00 (30-11)?

AidanII
System Administrator/AOA STAFF

quote:
Originally posted by evil_one
But if the 1/5 and 1/6 PCI dividers do exsist, then why my hdd won't work @ 200MHz FSB on a 8KHA+, bios 8khal00 (30-11)?

Simply because there's lots of interaction between various components on the motherboard. That's why EPOX don't provide official support for 1/5 and 1/6. The board might unoffically be capable of supporting 1/5 or 1/6 in the correct circumstance, but that's at your OWN risk as you're now operating the board way out of specifications.

AidanII

ERA-201D1 Wireless LAN
AiboPet Inside

."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Last edited by Daniel ~; 29th January, 2002 at 05:00 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th January, 2002, 04:43 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I have Edited this thread and pruned what I felt were mistrustful or unintelligent questions made in a futile attempt to embarrass, rather than a productive effort to further knowledge.

Our EPoX tech will not be engaging or answering questions which concern themselves with weather or not a 1/5 or 1/6th divider exits. Live with it!

I realize that some will lack the maturity to except no for answer. This I suppose is as good a place as any for them to gain experience on the way to doing so....

This thread is locked to further posting and this subject is closed in this topic.

Unfortunitly I blew the Edit and had to salvage what I could. I realize this makes it hard to read.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Last edited by Daniel ~; 29th January, 2002 at 04:52 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Closed Thread