AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th January, 2002, 01:59 AM

enable +.2000 vcore in the bios

Hi! I am currently searching on how to enable and use the +.2000 vcore which will bump up the vcore to 1.99 at least. When I hold down INSERT key before POSTing I can select this option but after saving and exiting it reverts back to 1.75 or default voltage. Is there a way to access this option. I know that the voltage regulator prohibits the 2.00 vcore and up. The only mod I know that works is by a 220 kOhm resistor. Anyways I just want to know if it is possible to select this option.
Old 31st January, 2002, 07:18 PM
EPoX Tech

It is not a possibility to change a hardware limitation from within software I'm afraid.
Old 3rd February, 2002, 01:53 AM

One thing i can say its NOT a hardware limitation,i used the same INSERT key after a mistake during oc(tried 170MHz FSB with 2.6 VDDR)method on the latest beta BIOS and the +0.200V option stayed and now iam running at 1.99V(default for me 1.75V=1.79V) for over a week now mine 1600+ AGOGA at 1.81GHz.
Old 3rd February, 2002, 02:07 AM

Hmmmm......

Interesting.

I also found that the bios said 1.9v after I used the insert key.

I assumed it was a fault and reset.

COuls you please explain exactly how you can get this extra .2v so that I can try it myself.

Im pretty dubious about this although im willing to give it a go.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd February, 2002, 08:39 AM
EPoX Tech

I think that the INSERT key errata's the monitoring. In checking with a DVM I can see no increase. I'll have to look at the BIOS.
Old 3rd February, 2002, 01:54 PM

Thats was my thinking.

I can also remember the bios showing a particually low value for Vcore in the bios (1.2v maximum) again I ignored it and rebooted as previously.

The problem is I cant exactly remember how I got this to happen and I couldnt replicate the fault last night.

I thinkI had just clocked the memory too high as spyral said.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd February, 2002, 02:15 PM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitza666
One thing i can say its NOT a hardware limitation,i used the same INSERT key after a mistake during oc(tried 170MHz FSB with 2.6 VDDR)method on the latest beta BIOS and the +0.200V option stayed and now iam running at 1.99V(default for me 1.75V=1.79V) for over a week now mine 1600+ AGOGA at 1.81GHz.
The step down controller CS5303 or 5301 and HIPS6301 can only generate 1.85v - any increases on this are caused by stabilisation grounds (voltage set to 1.85v and reading 1.91v or similar). This cannot be increased by software, but instead only by modification of the mainboard.
Old 3rd February, 2002, 10:06 PM

I havent modified the mobo in PCHealth it read 1.99V and mine default VCore from the mobo has stayed at 1.075V and i have the +0.200V set.Is it magic? :devil:
Old 3rd February, 2002, 10:24 PM
EPoX Tech

Please do read through the responses again.
Old 3rd February, 2002, 10:32 PM

So what if i read them,i am saying the truth i have 1.99V in PCHealth(MOBO IS UNTOUCHED) with the +0.200V in BIOS and mine default voltage is 1.075V instead 1.750V.I say what i only see and of course mine Athlon XP cant run only up ot 1.78GHz with 1.9V now it runs stable at up to 1.82GHz using 1.99V or the extra 0.09V the magic BIOS bug gave me.
Old 4th February, 2002, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitza666
So what if i read them,i am saying the truth i have 1.99V in PCHealth(MOBO IS UNTOUCHED) with the +0.200V in BIOS and mine default voltage is 1.075V instead 1.750V.I say what i only see and of course mine Athlon XP cant run only up ot 1.78GHz with 1.9V now it runs stable at up to 1.82GHz using 1.99V or the extra 0.09V the magic BIOS bug gave me.
Can you please explain exactly how you got the Vcore to 1.9v.

So that I can follow your instructions and see if it works on my board.

If epox tech says this isnt possible then im inclined to agree with him, but if you can show me how then id love to give it a try.

Old 4th February, 2002, 02:37 AM

Not 1.9V,1.9V i get if i set it to 1.85V since mine default 1.75V= 1.8V(I get always 0.05V+ from what i set,to run at 1.75V i use -0.05V).The point is i didnt made anything it was an accident after an overclocking failure(System didnt POST)i used INSERT to boot with the cpu defaults,now the BIOS thinks that the default CPU voltage is 1.075V and BIOS enabled the +0.200V option which i used and it stayed and now in PCHealth i have 1.99V.
Old 4th February, 2002, 02:39 AM

and i dont really care what EPoX support says since i can see it with mine own eyes i dont care if he believes me or not anyway another reason to say that i really love the 8KHA+,EPoX RULEZ!!!!.