AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25th September, 2004, 09:17 AM

Mod bios for 8RDA+

Hi all!!!

I interest to modify a bios for this mobo for insert the option CPC, in the modded bios for others mobo (NF7-S, AN7, DFI, etc..) exist this option, with this option (CPC OFF) it's possible increasses more FSB. It's possible insert this option in a bios for 8RDA+? Epox Tech, it's possible in a future new biosses selectable CPC option?

Thanks all!!
Old 25th September, 2004, 10:18 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Sni, what mods did other people do to insert the CPC option?
Old 25th September, 2004, 10:22 AM

My brother have Abit NF7-S, and he use a bios TIC-TAC, this bios have CPC option off and arrive at 240 FSB +o-, when he use a original bios arrive at 210 +o-. The technical description of CPC option I don't know... sorry, but when you put off CPC, the performance down, but if you increases FSB, the performance up more.

Old 25th September, 2004, 11:24 AM

Interesting concept. It should be possible to unpack the BIOS, make the alterations to the PCI registers and then repack it and flash it across.

I might have to give that a try then.

Last edited by Áedán; 25th September, 2004 at 11:52 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th September, 2004, 12:27 PM

If anyone make a bios with this option, he will be my god!

Take this link for more information

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=324299

new Bios 8rda3+

Last edited by Sni; 25th September, 2004 at 03:16 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th September, 2004, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Áedán
Interesting concept. It should be possible to unpack the BIOS, make the alterations to the PCI registers and then repack it and flash it across.

I might have to give that a try then.
You have possibility for modify the bios? If you request a patient for experiment... I'm a volunterier!!

Meanwhile....
Old 25th September, 2004, 04:00 PM

I've been pulling apart and disassembling BIOSes this morning. I'm trying to avoid using the trick that was used for the other manufacturer's BIOSes, as there's copyright material involved.

Thus far, I've not had too much joy though.
Old 27th September, 2004, 01:04 PM

Hi all!!!

Any news AEDAN????

Merlin, it's possible put off in a bios CPC option for this mobo?

Thanks!!
Old 27th September, 2004, 02:30 PM

Due to the failure of my firewall at home, I've spent more time trying to rebuild that than to edit the BIOS. However in my travels I did notice that a lot of people found that although you could acheive a higher FSB, a number of benchmarks ended up lower than with CPC enabled. This was even with the extra speed added by the higher FSB.
Old 28th September, 2004, 11:07 AM

Hi!!!

No problem, if you have any good news or bad news, please reply.

Meanwhile
Old 2nd October, 2004, 05:01 PM

Hi all!

I found this web:

http://k7jo.de/8rda+/

Inside have more oficial bios and beta bgios, now I using 8RDA4518, with this beta bios I increases FSB and my voltages are more stability.

Cya!!
Old 3rd October, 2004, 11:36 PM

Good find there! I've been run off my feet by events around me right now, so I've not had much of a chance to look at the BIOS further.
Old 7th October, 2004, 05:42 PM

Hi all!!

Aedan, any news with CPC option?

Old 21st October, 2004, 05:28 PM

Not currently - the 8RDA+ BIOS seems to do a few things in a different way to many other machines. This is making progress much slower than I'd hoped for!