AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th October, 2004, 04:12 PM

Question 8KDA3+ won't turn on!??

I have had an 8KDA3+ for the past month and had some problems with it during the first two weeks because of a bad BIOS, I guess. Once I flashed the entire BIOS it worked great. Then about four days ago I was using my comp and it just sut down, like it was rebooting, but it didn't come back on. I hit the power button to turn it back on and it didn't work. The reset button does nothing.

I have tested all the components with my old motherboard and they all work fine (PSU, CPU, GFX, Sound, Memory, etc). I don't know what happened. Has anyone had this happen??? I'm at a total loss

amd64oc
Old 9th October, 2004, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd640c
I have had an 8KDA3+ for the past month and had some problems with it during the first two weeks because of a bad BIOS, I guess. Once I flashed the entire BIOS it worked great. Then about four days ago I was using my comp and it just sut down, like it was rebooting, but it didn't come back on. I hit the power button to turn it back on and it didn't work. The reset button does nothing.

I have tested all the components with my old motherboard and they all work fine (PSU, CPU, GFX, Sound, Memory, etc). I don't know what happened. Has anyone had this happen??? I'm at a total loss

amd64oc
First, what power supply are you using? Also, I have major problems with my rev. 1.0 8KDA3+ and powering on. I have an OCZ-470ADJ 470 watt supply with 33A on the +12V rail, and I still have to do 2-13, or more power button presse attempts.

One thing about the press I have to do, I have to hold it in for about 7 seconds before I can attempt press again. Before, I was holding down for about 10 seconds each time, but since this does it all the time, I was able to determine 7 seconds was the approximate "sweet spot" before pressing again. I will say that with mine, I at least get a quick flash of the power LED, do you get that?

When the system is on though, and you get it stable, you will love it. Also, what rev board did you get?