AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd February, 2002, 08:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to turbo dan Send a message via Yahoo to turbo dan

Monitor shuts off forcing me to reboot

1st off this forum looks cool from what I've been reading. It's great you have an EPoX Tech here!
My problem: I have been trying to get my "standby" to work so I started updating the bios and via drivers. Somewhere along the way I have developed a problem of my monitor shutting off. The system isn't hot. I haven't had it do it during games(Q3, CS). I could just be surfing or reading mail. When this happens I have to hit the reset button to get "main screen turn on". I also have a similar problem when starting up cold. Power button> no monitor. reset button> "main screen turn on"
I'm running Win XP pro, radeon 64Mb ddr vivo, Samsung syncmaster 753df. all was fine until I started updating.
I'm currently using the 8kha2116.bin bios and via 4.37
The overclock doesn't make a difference either.
I'll try any ideas at this point.
Thanks
Is this what you call a soft reboot?

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd February, 2002, 10:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to ItHuNkPuNk

I had the same problem using an IWILL VD-133 and a GF2 video card.. dunno why it did it, but a clean format worked wonders and eliminated the problem
Old 2nd February, 2002, 01:24 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

I've had the same problem numerous times. The PC goes to sleep mode, the monitor light goes from green to yellow. When you touch something, the light should go back to green and the monitor wakes up, usually.

Clean install of the OS has worked for me as a last resort. Also, updating your vid card drivers should work.

If the problem is a lock up while in sleep mode, you'll have to figure out what's causing the lock up.
Old 2nd February, 2002, 07:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to turbo dan Send a message via Yahoo to turbo dan

It never goes into a sleep mode, str, or hibernate. I can set it so the monitor shuts off after a set time but the time doesn't coincide with when it decides to go black. It's been on for 3 1/2 hours this morning and no problems. I power off at night so this morning when we hit the power button all the fans come on and there is hard drive activity but the monitor doesn't come until I hit the reset button. I guess I could make use of my cd-rw and do a clean install. That suxor.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!