AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd February, 2002, 08:57 PM

Arrow Max volts on a Epox EP-4SDA+

I will be getting one of these boards early next week.

Could anyone tell me what are the max volts for the following-

CPU?
Memory?
AGP?

Thanks.
Old 3rd February, 2002, 08:54 AM
EPoX Tech

IF I remember correcly the VccCore can go to 2.025v, AGP to +0.5v and memory to about 2.9 or 3v
Old 3rd February, 2002, 07:31 PM

I just read this in a review-

"Once again, EPoX is into the overclockers section. Supplying four sets of dipswitches, you can change most of the important settings outside of the BIOS. the largest bank of switches (in image 1) is for setting the Vcore from 1.3 up to 1.85 volts. While this is the Intel safety limit, its not as far as this board will let you go. the Switches in image 3 are Vcore adjust. Once you set the dipswitches to 1.85volts, these switches let you add up to an extra 1.775v. That's over 2v for the core! Hope we have some super-coolers for Pentium 4 coming out because this board looks to be on the superclockers side.

The switches in image 2 are for adjusting the memory voltage from 2.5v up to 3.2v, and for the AGP from 1.5 upto 2.1v. Now thats a lot of voltage."

CPU = Over 2v (can't exactly work out what it means)
Memory = 3.2v
AGP = 2.1v

Jesus, i can feel some extreme overclocking coming on!!!