AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th October, 2004, 04:16 PM

Does 8rda+ rev2.1 have SoundStorm or does it not?

The tiittle pretty much sums up this little question of mine

If my board does not use genuine soundstorm as I think it does, I'm ready to pop in my old SoundBlaster Live, that's the only reason I ask...
Old 28th October, 2004, 06:47 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Soundstorm is actually a certification, not a soundcard. For a motherboard to be Soundstorm certified, it needs to have the following:
  • Seperate (not shared) jacks for Line in, Mic In, Front L+R, Rear L+R and Center/Sub, SPDIF output (Optical or coax).
  • 85dB SNR in all analog outputs.
  • 80dB SNR on all analog inputs.
  • Dolby Digital certification and approval.
  • MCP-T southbridge.

As such, I don't believe that any of the EPoX boards meet Soundstorm certification.

If, however you mean is there an MCP-T on the board, then I believe the answer is yes. You have all the advantages of DICE on the nVidia APU, without having to pay the cost of meeting the soundstorm certification. If your board can run the NVMixer, then you have an MCP-T.
Old 28th October, 2004, 09:24 PM

Thanks a lot
Old 29th October, 2004, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist
The tiittle pretty much sums up this little question of mine

If my board does not use genuine soundstorm as I think it does, I'm ready to pop in my old SoundBlaster Live, that's the only reason I ask...
EP-8RDA+
nForce2 Ultra 400 AGPset/400MHz FSB/3 DIMM with DDR400/1 AGP-8X/5 PCI/USB2.0/ATA-133/1 100MbE LAN/IEEE-1394/6CH Audio/ATX

ChipSet: nVidia nForce2 Ultra-400 (nForce2-128 SPP) + MCP-T AGP set

Audio:
Selectable 2 or 6-CH audio from onboard RealTek ALC65x AC'97 v2.2 compliant CODEC with 18-bit ADC and 20-bit DAC resolution
Support Aux-In, CD-In, S/PDIF-in and S/PDIF-out
Rear panel audio jacks configuration;
For 2-channel mode; stereo Line-out (green), stereo Line-In (blue) and Mic-In (pink)
For 6-channel mode; Front stereo-out(green), Rear stereo-out (blue), Center and Sub-woofer (pink)
Support Front panel audio for Mic-In and stereo Line-out only. (Front panel Line-out electrically shared with rear panel Line-out).

EPoX-8RDA+ Specification, EPoX Link:

http://www.epox.com.tw/eng/products_content.php?ps=229



Last edited by aJ\/Tg; 29th October, 2004 at 04:18 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!