AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th October, 2004, 08:29 PM

NV RAID and file sharing - no go????

I am really surprised with my latest discovery (bug) on NV RAID on my 8KDA3+.
Thing is:
I have a small home network with two PCs and a laptop- all with xp prof. My main rig has 2xSeagate 80gb with 3 partitions on NV RAID and 1xseagate 60gb on IDE 1 with 2 partitions. Problem is that I can not access those 3 partitions from laptop and other PC. Every time is try to access one of those partitions thru network places, I got "not enough server storage is available to process this command" error. Yes, all partiotions are shared and firewalls are off.
Two partitions located on seagate IDE HDD are accessed normally, therefore I conclude that the problem is with NVRAID.
Has anyone met such behaviour of NV RAID in his PCs?
Could anyone try access your NV RAID setup from home network, just to see is it my fault or not??
That is the second NV RAID issue I have come to. First was when I found that I can not start Winxp repair instalation when having disks connected to NV RAID-repair works only on non-RAID disks.
Radeon9800se@9800pro watercooled
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st November, 2004, 06:59 PM

Come on, people, someone must know the solution.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd November, 2004, 10:55 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Are you using Norton Antivirus by any chance?
What event is logged in the system event log? Is it event 2011 or something else?
Old 2nd November, 2004, 07:23 PM

No, I am not using Norton, I am using Trend Micro Internet Security.
And yes, the event 2011 is logged in event viewer.
Now what, Aedan?

Last edited by burton; 3rd November, 2004 at 08:37 PM.
Old 4th November, 2004, 10:03 PM

Aedan, please respond, this is driving me nuts.
Old 5th November, 2004, 03:08 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Go to this link at Microsoft. This may have a bearing on your problem. Good Luck!
Old 5th November, 2004, 11:51 AM

Thank you, Gizmo for pointing me to that link, but I already tried that and that didn`t help me.
But I have found workaround - switched HDDs to Silicon Image SATA controller and everything is fine now- I can see all partiotions.
So, NV RAID, bye-bye.
Old 6th November, 2004, 12:38 PM
EPoX Tech

This problem doesn't occur in the 6.22 unified driver.
Old 6th November, 2004, 03:20 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

So it IS a driver problem?
Old 6th November, 2004, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPoX Tech
This problem doesn't occur in the 6.22 unified driver.
Now you tell me? After I lost whole week trying to work it out?
If only you told me this two days ago...
Does that mean that you have`t tested it under 5.10 unified driver or that is the issue with older drivers?
No way I am going back to NV RAID, Silicon will also do the work.
Old 7th November, 2004, 12:17 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

The only problem with the Silicon controller is that it sits on the PCI bus, so suffers the bandwidth limitations implemented by the PCI bus. nV RAID doesn't suffer from the limited bandwidth on the PCI bus.

It sounds like it's an issue with the older drivers or an interaction between various components within Windows. Both the Silicon and nV RAID implementations rely on software to do the work rather than hardware.
Old 7th November, 2004, 05:02 PM
EPoX Tech

Since the version 6 driver isn't for AGP boards it won't really make a difference - and the driver is for SATA 2 also.
Old 8th November, 2004, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPoX Tech
Since the version 6 driver isn't for AGP boards it won't really make a difference - and the driver is for SATA 2 also.
So, there is no solution for this issue for AGP board such as my 8KDA3+?