AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th November, 2004, 06:58 PM

Hyper Threading Technology Bios support

Hi

I have an Epox Motherboard i848P EP-4PLAI socket 478 and I just updated the Bios to version 2004/10/06 (4PLA4A06.zip).

Now in the Bios setup "Advanced BIOS Features" I dont see the Hyper Threading Technology support. I would like to know if this Bios version has Hyper Threading Technology support or not. If not, please tell me what's the latest Bios version for my Motherboard that supports Hyper Threading Technology and from where can I download it.
Thanks a lot

fredl
Old 8th November, 2004, 08:12 PM

Send a message via ICQ to QNX

do you have HT CPU? cause this option can be shadowed if no HT CPU is installed
Old 8th November, 2004, 08:39 PM

KNX
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
Please tell me what's HT CPU, and where can I see if it is installed or not. I realy don't know if I have it or not.
Sory, but I'm new on this.
Thanks again

fredl
Old 8th November, 2004, 09:14 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

The 'C' series P4s, such as the P2.4C, the P2.8C, the P3.0C all have hyper-threading, as do all of the Prescott chips (the E series).

If you don't know what type of P4 you have, the only other way I know of for sure to tell would be to get the sSpec number of the chip and look it up. I don't know if a tool like CPUID would tell you that or not.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th November, 2004, 09:34 PM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

apart from the 3.06 'b' chip all hyperthreading enabled cpu's have a 800mhz fsb. A tool such as cpu-z will be able to tell you such information.
It will also tell you the stepping of your cpu as well. The 'C' line of p4's are revision D1.

hth

K

P.S welcome to AOA forums

Edit attached is a shot of my p4 2.4 'c'
Attached Thumbnails
Hyper Threading Technology Bios support-cpu-z.jpg  
Old 8th November, 2004, 11:12 PM

Once again thanks a lot for your help.
I have a P4 2.800

With cpu-z I see:
Code name - Northwood
Specification:
Family:F, Model:2, stepping:9, Revision: D1
FSB: 133.0 Mhz
In the Intel Inside logo I donĀ“t have HT
I don't know to attach a shot of my cpu-z, that would help to edentify my CPU.

But, if I have a HT CPU the Bios should detect it automaticly, doesn't it?

Once again sory, but I really don't know nothing about these things.