AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 15th November, 2004, 03:07 PM

Help! How to stop RAID rebuild every time system crashes.

Every time my 8KDA3+ system loses video, or whatever else which causes me to do a "reset" with the Reset Button, the Sil RAID application (not NVida RAID) wants to remirror my drive. It is unlikely they are out of sync when I have not done anything on that drive, but it rebuilds every time.

This takes about 6 hours, and is a performance hit. I have unchecked "Auto Rebuild" but it still automatically launches a rebuild.

Anyways, any ideas?
Old 15th November, 2004, 05:59 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

1. Give Up Raid
2. Use Nvidia Raid Instead Of Sil
3. Unplug The Reset Button From The Mobo
4. When You Get Real Angry Use A Big Hammer
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15th November, 2004, 05:59 PM

Could be a problem with the chip, but have you made sure you are using the latest drivers from Silicon image, and also the latest bios for your board? It could also be a problem with one of the drives in your Mirror array, one might be faulty causing the array to fail on occasions. This may not be picked up by the chip as a complete failure of the single drive in the array. Might be worth using the drive stand-alone and running scandisk. Not sure if 6 hours is a normal time but that seems damn long to me - even more reason why I'm suspect one drive may be flakey!
1GB OCZ 4000 Gold Rev2
Antec true control 550w
2x 80gb sata Hitachi 7k250 Raid 0 (94mb/s sis Sandra on Nvidia Raid)
1x ide 160gb Hitachi 7k250
6800GT 431/1100
LG 8x dvd rw (-+&RAM)

Watercooling:
L30 + L20
DD RBX CPU
DD NV68 GPU
DD Maze 4 chipset
WACC P/A res
Thermochill 120.2
1/2 ID
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th November, 2004, 03:32 AM

Try using two new identical HD and do your mirror again for test.
I had this problem before and found that one of the HD can some how fail and cause the system stop response.
When using vedio recording and lost frim, it usally is due to the bad response of the HD and I thing that is hightly due to you raid no response.
BTW, I rebuild a 80GB mirror raid with less then three hour.