AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th January, 2005, 11:17 AM

usb mouse doesn't work on os boot in 8kda3

I mentioned this problem in an earlier post before. I've searched for a solution but no luck...

If you've seen pics of my rig you must have asked yourself why 2 mice? It's because I'm *extremely* left handed and need a mouse on the left side of the desk. My family members keep moving the mouse to the right, tangling the wire with the keyboard and messing everything up so I got them another mouse so they would stop doing that.

The thing is, once I shutdown the computer, the next time it's started up the usb mouse doesn't work! I have to unplug it and put it back in so it gets recognised. I heard it's because the epox 8kda3 motherboard keeps peripherals on standby when the computer is turned off and some older usb devices don't start the next time the pc is turned on.

I need a fix for this. Is there any way I can turn off this feature or any other way of resolving the issue? There's no way epox would sell a motherboard that can't start a usb mouse properly!

Ok, here's what I've done up till now:
  • Updated the bios to the latest edition
  • Installed the latest nforce drivers. *Did not* install nforce hdd drivers
  • Turned on 'USB Mouse Support' option in BIOS
  • Tried resetting BIOS config to default CMOS
PC Specs:
It's Black. What more do you need to know?
3DMARK05 SCORE: 6038
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th February, 2005, 08:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to BarrySWE Send a message via MSN to BarrySWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashakos
I mentioned this problem in an earlier post before. I've searched for a solution but no luck...

If you've seen pics of my rig you must have asked yourself why 2 mice? It's because I'm *extremely* left handed and need a mouse on the left side of the desk. My family members keep moving the mouse to the right, tangling the wire with the keyboard and messing everything up so I got them another mouse so they would stop doing that.

The thing is, once I shutdown the computer, the next time it's started up the usb mouse doesn't work! I have to unplug it and put it back in so it gets recognised. I heard it's because the epox 8kda3 motherboard keeps peripherals on standby when the computer is turned off and some older usb devices don't start the next time the pc is turned on.

I need a fix for this. Is there any way I can turn off this feature or any other way of resolving the issue? There's no way epox would sell a motherboard that can't start a usb mouse properly!

Ok, here's what I've done up till now:
  • Updated the bios to the latest edition
  • Installed the latest nforce drivers. *Did not* install nforce hdd drivers
  • Turned on 'USB Mouse Support' option in BIOS
  • Tried resetting BIOS config to default CMOS

my usb mouse dosent work on boot when i cut the power totally, but not if the computer is turnoff.
| Antec PlusView 1000AMG | OCZ Modsteam 520W | Epox 9npa+ Ultra rev 1.1| AMD64 3800+ (venice) + TT Silent boost K8 | G.Skills 2*1024MB | Gainward 7800GT | 36GB WD Raptor S-ATA 8MB cache | 500GB Hitachi S-ATA II 16MB Cache NCQ | Creative SB X-Fi XtremeMusic | ND-3520A | | Logitech MX518 + UltraX Flat keyboard | LG L1915S 19" TFT 12ms |
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!