AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12th January, 2005, 06:20 PM

Epox return policy

Anyone here ever deal with epox in regards to returning a defective mobo.

I've just replaced the Bios chip with a new one i had to order, however the same old problem exists. So i'am assuming that it is mobo related.

The only problem i have with epox is that you can't return directly, you have to go back to the supplier you purchased the motherboard from, ie PCWORLD

So the piggy in the middle ensues, well at least i hope not anyway .

So was it a painless experience or not?
Old 12th January, 2005, 08:04 PM

Unhappy

Hi,

It's usual (well, at least in Poland and Germany), that you have to return the mobo to the supplier you purchased it from. Normally, the supplier (let's call him "shop") sends your mobo then to the main distributor in your country. Actually, it depends on that distributor how long you will wait.

In my case, with my old Epox 8RDA3+ rev.2.1, I had to wait almost 5 weeks for an answer (positive, fortunately) - they should have sent me then a new one, but they didn't, so after a 7 week long waiting the shop bought me an Epox motherboard. That was possible, because I personally know the owners/menagers of that shop. In the other case I would have waited even longer. Of course the polish damn distributor is to blame, but what could I do? Sue'em? Waisting of precious time and money ....

I hope you'll wait much shorter than I did.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th January, 2005, 08:45 PM

Well things just got worse lol,

While listening to some music idling by, the comp which wasn't even turned on though was plugged in decided to explode, like computers do sometimes

Now i have to sniff around and find out what popped lol

more news at 10
Old 12th January, 2005, 09:26 PM
AOA Staff

If you were to return an item to a shop in the UK you are protected by consumer law. If you think the shop has failed in some way you can get free help.

For example if you live in Hull or bought something from a shop in Hull:
http://www.hullcc.gov.uk/publicprote...ards/index.php
Old 12th January, 2005, 09:36 PM

Thanks for the link Danrock, hopefully it won't come down to that.