AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th January, 2005, 08:51 AM

dividers and somesuch

question... if i can run my mobo and cpu stable at 340 HTT (a64)with like a 7 or 8 multiplier and use a divider like 133 or 166, can i assume that if my mobo and cpu would have a memory adequate to run at that speed, that i would be able to run 300 HTT 1:1?
Old 28th January, 2005, 09:16 AM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

nope. Different memory may act differently with the memory controller, and affect performance. Each time you build an A64 it's different, becasue the memory controller is on the cpu itself, so changing mobo, mem or boards will greatly affect clocks. Even different thermal pastes-even though you get the same temps with some does not mean that they will perform the same.
Old 28th January, 2005, 05:56 PM
Member/Contributer

theres little point in running a ht bus that high anyway, it already ha more than enough bandwidth to cope with the demands on it, running it that high while keeping the cpu and memory at speeds they could achieve without doing would have little benefit over just keepin the cpu multiplyer and memory divider at around normal levels and increasing until you reached those speeds anyway

Tobias F√ľnke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!