AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th February, 2005, 03:39 AM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPoX Tech
This is why I don't like certain kinds of so called enthusiast memory that have very stupid SPD programmed on them and unworldly ratings - often they mislead purchasers - in 99% of cases good chipset or CPU manufacturers approved modules will offer more stability for Joe Six Pack than anything called Corsair, Geil, OCZ etc. Matter of fact for people that do know what they are doing though is that these memories when configured correctly will blow anything else clean out of the water.

Memory bandwidth therefore as measured by Sandra, Everest or whatever can only be as good as the memory and ability of the person configuring the system.

Poor memory and poor ability = poor bandwidth, basic memory and good ability = good bandwith, corsair like memory and good ability = amazing bandwidth.
You are very very right in this regard, at least about top-name memory not being needed...

Look at my sig...The HyperX i paid 250 for almost a year ago,...goes for about 220-230 for 512mb still today, and the 1 Gig of V-data that cost me 150, same timings, same voltage...the V-data goes higher in single channel. The only thing about the Kingston stuff is the lifetime warranty...but if this stick lasts 2 years, at $75...I got my money's worth.

It did, however, take about 2 weeks of testing before i settled on the settings i have now for the v-data. They'll do 2-2-2-5-1 DC with 3.1v all the way up to 219, and 3-4-4-8-1 DC 260fsb with 3.4v. Great stuff with alot of possibilities...and instead of someone else taking the time to "certify" them...
Old 6th February, 2005, 05:17 AM

lol and to think, I had Corsair XMS pro in this system before, god did this board hate it!!!! but the bandwidth was the same at 3200 as this stuff is at 4000. So no true gain I suppose.
As for ability comment I'm plenty able, its a matter of hardware comatibility half the time.