AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 1st March, 2005, 03:35 PM

LAN on 9NDA3+ sudden death

i was browsing the net when this happened, the little icon on the the right bottom corner keeps showing LAN cable plugged and unplugged. it's just repeating that and no network is established, does this meann that the onboard LAN is bad? right now i am using a PCI lan card and it's running fine so i know it's not my ADSL modem or ISP

Old 1st March, 2005, 04:32 PM

Same thing happened with my 8RDA+, and my sister's NF7-M. So I can tell you that it does happen.
Old 1st March, 2005, 11:51 PM

i don't want to send in my mb for repairs just for the lan. or should i ? cuz i have been getting good OCs with my current setup and i am afraid they would change my board. however if they do change it i might get a later rev. board which has vcore adjustmetns up to +0.35 where with my current Rev. 1.0 i get up to only +0.20....
Old 2nd March, 2005, 12:00 AM

well if the the onboard lan has died for the simple reason you describe then yes you should, however if your using a pci card and are happy and dont want to spend a bit of time without your board then done :P
Old 2nd March, 2005, 12:42 AM

your cable or dsl modem may be at fault too. Had this problem go away on my parent computer when Comcast came and put in a new modem.
Old 2nd March, 2005, 01:05 AM

i have heard of many complaints about lan failures on these boards, all i can say is nothing happend to mine so I simply cant comment further, but its certainly worth investigating a bit more before trying a RMA as 9/10 you will get your board back repaired if there was a fault to begin with
Old 2nd March, 2005, 03:24 AM

my 8kda+ boards lan died i turned the puta off then on and it worked again :/ rebooting didnt help at all
Old 2nd March, 2005, 12:25 PM

i tried with a different lan cable and still got the same problem, now i am on my PCI Lan card and everything is working fine so i think the problem is most probably with the onboard lan. don't feel like RMA the board just for that cuz everything other than the onboard lan is working great ! i am reaching 306x 9 with my week 46 3000+ winnie so i am happy
Old 2nd March, 2005, 03:13 PM

Yeah, it was less trouble to use a PCI card than to worry about it at all, since I have about a gazillion lying around. Of course, it did end up getting shipped off eventually because of the capacitors, but that's a different story.

I did end up RMA'ing the Abit board, because shortly after the LAN stopped working, it refused to POST at all. I have a sneaky suspicion that the BIOS was involved.

It does seem interesting that this seems to be happening a lot on Nforce boards, but, then again, that's all most of us purchase.

People have also had incompatibility problems with their 100mbps hubs/routers/modems and the 1000mpbs 8KDA3*, but the only problem I've heard of with the 9NDA3* is the throughput / dropped packet issue.

I'm still planning on buying one sooner or later, as when I shell out $150 for an A64, I'm certainly not going to get a new PCIe video card at the same time
Old 4th March, 2005, 06:31 PM

Try installing ntune from et in the aoa files. You can find it under epox files.
Doing this helped me.
I love having functional hardware firewall.