AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th May, 2005, 12:50 AM

Send a message via ICQ to in a Rush

Is there any "enhanced" BIOS for EPoX mainboards??

Hi there!

I´ve just bought a EP-9NDA3J with a Venice 3000+ and 1GB (2x512MB) of Kingstom Hyper X (TCCD). The board´s running flawless at 240x10, but there´s something I really hate: the lack of DIMM voltage... 2.8V (2.76V BIOS reading) it´s not enough to feed most great performance memories like these Kingstom I own...

Except for this, the oficial releases are just nice... Thinking on that, I ask you: Does anyone know any version of "alternative" BIOSes which are able to increase this 2.8V DIMM voltage limit?? I appreciate any answer...

Thanks in advance!!
Old 7th May, 2005, 08:07 PM
AOA Staff

No modded BIOS yet, that I know of.
Old 7th May, 2005, 08:26 PM

Until a bios is modded, here is the only fix.....

http://www.rhcf.com/sisubb/ultimateb...pic/38/19.html

this vdimm mod the same for version 2.x board in both the J and + mobo's confimed later in this thread...
Old 7th May, 2005, 09:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to in a Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzer
Until a bios is modded, here is the only fix.....

http://www.rhcf.com/sisubb/ultimateb...pic/38/19.html

this vdimm mod the same for version 2.x board in both the J and + mobo's confimed later in this thread...
Thank you vey much, Bonzer!
But I´m not sure if I´d be brave enough to try this mod (I´m not a good solderer )... Besides the fact that the components are tiny, I´d certainly lost my warranty, wouldn´t I??
But it´s an excellent tip, I saved the link on my favorites...

Last edited by in a Rush; 7th May, 2005 at 09:17 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 7th May, 2005, 09:37 PM

Polygon is a true trooper and provides alot of useful info for just about everyone if ya look deep enough into his forums.

anywayz, mee too, good solderer but I dont wanna biff my warranty.

there is alot of good ram, especially TCCD that doesnt need or like high 2.8> vdimm. I'm hoping that the stuff I got is in fact TCC5, which is very good with low vdimm as well.
Old 10th May, 2005, 12:44 AM

TCCDs doensnt always like high voltages anyway...