AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12th May, 2005, 07:00 PM

Is my 9nda+ dead?

I recently upgraded my system to a AMD64 3200+ and a new motherboard nforce3 epox 9nda3 and everythign was running good for a weeks until today. I noticed that when i powered down my comp the fans kept running and never shut off. I had to go to work so i pulled the plug and decided to deal with it after work. Well when i plug back in all the fans turn on ...CD roms light up but nothing happens it just sits there. my Led shows FF error which i know could mean my mobo is shot. I tried resetting cmos and took the bios battery out for a while but still nothing. Any ideas ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12th May, 2005, 07:01 PM

a little more info:
Specs

AMD64 3200+
epox 9nda3
1 gig corsair ram
120 gig HD
9800 radeon pro
420w TTGI psu

-------------
ok so i swithed out my motherboard (with different proc), hardrive ...and when i plug the comp in the fans just run and the lights on the drives are lit but nothign happens. Keep in mind im not hitting any power button this is what happens as soon as i plug in or switch the psu on. I figure the psu is good since fans are running but maybe im wrong.
Old 12th May, 2005, 07:01 PM

im really at a loss...if the fans are running but nothing is happening does that mean the PSU is still good? Can a PSU be partially dead and just not have enough power to boot the system back up? Or am i barking up the wrong tree and is my new mobo truely dead...FF error really worries me but i find it weird that my old mobo and processor didnt boot either.
Old 12th May, 2005, 08:19 PM
5 Card Draw Champion, Tomb Digger Champion, Alpha Force Champion, Autobahn Champion, Big Bird Hunting Champion, Mumu Champion, Attack of the Tweety Zombies Champion

FF is the shutdown sequence complete code on most boards I know of. Unplug all atx power and 12v connectors from the board and remove the cmos battery and leave it for an hour, then plug in cpu and graphics, memory and psu and turn on and see if it will post.

Join our F@H team today.. http://www.team45.info/
Are you a subscriber? No? well then, why not....
Subscribe to AOA for a better experience and faster downloads!
How to unlock and overclock your Nvidia 6800
BIOS Volt-mod your 7800gt

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th May, 2005, 08:40 PM
AOA Staff

Did you say that you have tried with another board and you get the same problem?
Old 12th May, 2005, 10:10 PM

ya i did try my old board (epox 8rda with xp 2400+ processor...my old system) and pretty much the same thing happened execpt no error code lit up just the fans were all running). I did remove the battery but only for 5 or 10 minutes i will have to try the 1 hour thing. Do i also need to take my heatsink off and reset the processor?
Old 12th May, 2005, 10:30 PM
AOA Staff

Sounds like the PSU is faulty.
Old 12th May, 2005, 11:42 PM

i sure hope so, I borrowed a 250w psu from work so ill hook it up tonight to test it out
Old 12th May, 2005, 11:47 PM
Steve Jobs

You might want to put a different video card in or something, as a 250W generic brand PSU is going to struggle to power an Athlon64 board, 2 sticks of ram, a high end motherboard, and a 9800Pro. Dont spose you have a spare S3 trio or something lying around lol.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th May, 2005, 01:52 PM

Update: I placed the Generic 250w psu and everything powered up fine, thank goodness. I have ordered a new 480W one to replace my 420W that went bad. Thanks for all you help....and believe it or not the generic powered my 64 board, 1gig ram, 9800pro and hd. I even played World of Warcraft for an hour with no probs lol.
Old 13th May, 2005, 01:54 PM
AOA Staff

Glad to hear it!

Hope you ordered a good quality brand of PSU!