AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 15th May, 2005, 07:11 AM

Info on death on 8rda+ and Epox tech question

Just a heads up for anybody thats having or has had this problem.

Running the board since Dec of 2003 to May 7th 2005 no problems at all. Then got weird BSOD in win XP. nothing to worry about, reboot brought it back no problem. A few day later it gets more frequent then all of a sudden no boot and C1 error then C5 . After inspecting the board it appears the caps that are between dimm 1 and dimm 3 have started leaking, these are the 1000 microfarad 6.3V caps at board location C12H3 and C7H2. I believe that replacing these caps will bring the board back to life.

To an Epox rep; can I get a comparible part in the states at an electronic component store and solder them myself or would you recommend me sending it in for testing. I'm sure its out of warrenty and the cost of shipping/repair may not be worth it.
Old 15th May, 2005, 07:14 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Honestly, I would just get the cap's locally and put them in yourself. It's the fastest and easiest resolution IMHO. Just be sure to install the cap's correctly.
HTH
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15th May, 2005, 07:18 AM

ok I will try when I have some free time and let you know how it goes.

I edited the thread title as it should read 8rda+ not 8rda3+ but it didnt change on the main forum threads,but did change after you click the title to read the posts.