AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16th May, 2005, 02:47 AM

Exclamation Athlon 3000+ Mobile w/ 8KHA+???

Bought the 3000+ and of course it was seen, but the BIOS and OS recognized it as an 800MHz processor. I updated the BIOS with a file named 8KHI3916.bin which has a date of 4/23/2003. I have changed the CPU Clock to 200 (133 - 200) and the Multiplier to 12.0. I am not sure what to change the CPU and DIMM voltage to; it goes up by .25 and the DIMM by.10. Do I add voltage and what is the rule of thumb? With my current settings (stable) Windows XP sees it as a AMD K7 Processor 2.4GHz. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations I would really appreciate it.

CM

Here is a screenshot of CPUID: If you need any more info let me know.

http://subsite.glenney.com/images/cpu.JPG
Old 16th May, 2005, 03:02 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Repo Man Send a message via AIM to Repo Man

I really have no advice about your setup, I do think it is pretty neat that you have been able to run such a new CPU in an older motherboard like that. I believe that Epox stance is that a CPU with such low core voltage will strain the voltage regulator. But Andy can chime in on that if he feels like it.

Andy, you guys make your stuff better than you have to!

199 FSB? 8KHA has a 1/5 divisor?

It is the dull man who is always sure, and the sure man who is always dull.
H. L. Mencken
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th May, 2005, 03:09 PM

Thanks Repo Man!

So your stating that I am doing damage to my motherboard? Shoud I take out that processor and replace it with something like a 2600+? I have posted in other places and someone told me to bump it up to 1.85V which I did. It seems to be running great=stable. No problems (fingers crossed). I ran MBM5 on it and it doesn't seem to be running too hot - AVG. TEMP 125F.

Any suggestions are much appreciated,

CM
Old 16th May, 2005, 03:19 PM
EPoX Tech

Yeah - unfortunately the VReg is a bit too clumsy by yodays standards to handle that kind of frequency with such a sized cache processor - wouldn't advise the long term running of this system - perhaps just benchmark it and put a supported CPU back in there.
Old 16th May, 2005, 03:39 PM

Well what's the worst that could happen?

Well what's the worst that could happen? Would I be able to get at least another 6 months outta this box, ya think?