AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27th May, 2005, 09:45 AM

problems with new p4 system

Hi,

I have huge problem with building a new system.

specs are:

EPOX 4PDA5+
P4 2.8E (prescott)
ASUS FX 5700
WD 120GB SATA HD
2 x 512mb Kingston VR PC3200
chiftec 360W PSU

So I put all this together, and when I try and fire it up everithing turns on but system is not posting, insted I get code AF with long beeps until I turn it off. I tried just both stick of RAM in every slot (one by one), and onother stick of Take MS 256mb PC3200 and got the same code AF with long beeps. Tried to put motherboard out of the case, same result. Cleard CMOS a few times even took out the battery few times. Unpluged HDD same result; unpluged vid card gues again same result.I'm out of ideas so any help is aprishiated.

pleki
Old 27th May, 2005, 10:25 AM
5 Card Draw Champion, Tomb Digger Champion, Alpha Force Champion, Autobahn Champion, Big Bird Hunting Champion, Mumu Champion, Attack of the Tweety Zombies Champion

POST code "af" is listed in the epox handbook i have as "reserved" so that does not help a lot, the only instance in which i have seen the code AF occur on an epox board was when the board in question had a leaky cap, its not that likely on a new board but check the capacitors near and around the cpu for leaks or bulging tops.

If this doesnt work i would try another psu, 350w is more than ample for that system but it is often the weakest link in a sytem in my experience.

Join our F@H team today.. http://www.team45.info/
Are you a subscriber? No? well then, why not....
Subscribe to AOA for a better experience and faster downloads!
How to unlock and overclock your Nvidia 6800
BIOS Volt-mod your 7800gt

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th May, 2005, 10:40 AM

Checked already, no leaky caps. PSU that I used powered my other system (same P4 with ASUS P4P borad) and it worked fine.