AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th May, 2005, 05:11 PM

Epox 9npa+Ultra ram problems

Ok, so heres the deal. I just got the 9npa and at first it wouldn't even boot. SO I thought it was my psu because it was a 20 pin. But I took the mobo out of the case and it will turn on now.

But, I am getting a C1h error. So I swap some ram out. I have a 256 pc 2700 stick, a 256 pc 2100 stick, and a CORSAIR ValueSelect 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) stick. Now with the 2 256 meg sticks in the first 2 slots it will boot. If I try to stick the 512 meg in the 3rd or 4th slot I get the error again. So I thought the 512 meg stick was bad but it does the same with a 128meg stick. I tried different combinations and the when the 512 stick is in the 3rd slot and a 256 is in the first it will boot. No other way though. Is my mobo messed up, or is it the ram?
Old 29th May, 2005, 05:20 PM

In my opinion, there is no way for this to be up to the mobo. I think it is exactly because you are using 3 different types of memory!

Try to change it to the 2x512 Mb of one memory type and manufacturer, and I think the things will be better for you
Old 29th May, 2005, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxu
In my opinion, there is no way for this to be up to the mobo. I think it is exactly because you are using 3 different types of memory!

Try to change it to the 2x512 Mb of one memory type and manufacturer, and I think the things will be better for you
If you are sure, I will do that. I can live with 712 or whatever for now, just as long as it isn't a mobo problem.
Old 29th May, 2005, 06:10 PM

What was happening at first when you couldnt get it to boot up at all. Any LED's on?
I have posted my problem on another thread, cant get it to boot, in or out of the case. Stays at FF, and the CPU led doesnt light, the chipset and Ram led's are though and all fans, cpu, graphic card and case fan. I replaced my old psu to, to a 24pin no change though. My Ram is a Dual channel Corsair matched pair, 2x 512MB, i only have one other sitck in this computer which is a 512Mb crucial , all DDR400.
Old 29th May, 2005, 09:20 PM

Send a message via ICQ to SPQQKY Send a message via AIM to SPQQKY

It's the RAM for sure. My board won't boot with my Corsair in DIMMs 1&2, but is blazing along with them in 3&4. It's vice-versa with the Patriot TCCD sticks, no go in 3&4 but was fine in 1&2. Do yourself a HUGE favor and get some new RAM to put in that board, Gig kits are not that expensive anymore. You can get a Gig of Mushkin value for $85 and it works great. Got one for my wifes rig.
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
ENERMAX EG565AX-VEFMA2.0-SLI ATX12V 535W
3 x Seagate Barracuda 300GB SATA150
160 Gig Seagate Barracuda
Asus Ageia PhysX graphics unit
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 31st May, 2005, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT78
What was happening at first when you couldnt get it to boot up at all. Any LED's on?
I have posted my problem on another thread, cant get it to boot, in or out of the case. Stays at FF, and the CPU led doesnt light, the chipset and Ram led's are though and all fans, cpu, graphic card and case fan. I replaced my old psu to, to a 24pin no change though. My Ram is a Dual channel Corsair matched pair, 2x 512MB, i only have one other sitck in this computer which is a 512Mb crucial , all DDR400.
The cpu led would turn on, but it wouldn't turn on. I took it out of the case and just pluged the power supply and video card in. It booted so i figured it was a short with the case. I put a new backplate in, and it fixed it.
Old 31st May, 2005, 10:36 AM

Ok thanks Icej, its got to be the motherboard then. Hopefully my CPU is ok though, will be well annoyed if its not. I cant get any light on the Cpu LED, with the cpu in or out, in or out of the case. I hope i hear about my RMA soon, lol!!