AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th June, 2005, 10:06 AM

EP-8HMMi-A 'veryfying DMI Pool DATA' with SATA drives

Hello,

I have a brand new EP-8HMMi-A and two brand new Western Digital 200GB SATA drives.

If I disconnect the SATA drives, I can boot off an old IDE disk to Windows, and all is well. However, if I connect either (or both) SATA disk(s), booting hangs at 'Verifying DMI pool data'.

BIOS detects the SATA disks in IDE or RAID mode, and in RAID mode I can create a RAID-1 array. I have tried resetting the CMOS with the jumper, fiddling endlessly with BIOS settings (including disabling NIC/USB/FDC etc to free up IRQs), resetting the BIOS to optimised and failsafe settings, and flashing to the latest BIOS (8hmx5413.bin).

It seems unlikely that two new SATA disks would be bad. Is this a known issue? Has anyone got an EP-8HMMi-A working with SATA drives this big?

Thank you.

Gavin
Old 8th June, 2005, 02:27 PM

special procedures for installing SATA?

Is there some special procedure involved in installing SATA drives on these motherboards?

Note that booting freezes before I can boot from a windows CD-ROM, so making a driver disk will not help.

Thanks,

Gavin
Old 29th June, 2005, 05:00 PM

The solution involved flashing the hard drives.