AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th July, 2005, 02:02 PM

Downloaded IE7 and tried it out. The anti-phishing thing looks interesting but I still like Firefox better. Its easier to open a new tab in Firefox. Gonna have to do an overnight download for Vista though.

Thanks Epox Tech for the Links!

Apap
2x512 Corsair CMX PC3200xl TCCDs w Brainpower v1.2
2x Maxtor 80gig 8m cache IDE Raid 0
Radeon X800 xl 256mg
Antec 400w PSU in Aluminum Midtower case
4 80mm case fans & fan speed controller
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th July, 2005, 03:49 PM

Send a message via MSN to Rondog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
Ron, dont foget if there is big stuff you need to donwload, you can use the telstra FTP servers, which are very, very comprehensive in their content (everything from linux distros to game demos) and its all free. Nothing counts to your cap. Have a good look there and you might even find this there (possibly).
Im not with Telstra mate. Im with Internode. Thanks for the tip though, I will check there un-metered pages.

Rig 1: Intel Core i5 750,4gb,HD6870,500gb,W7 Ult x64
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th July, 2005, 03:58 PM
Steve Jobs

Node is not quite as good, but still very good. Telstra, IINET, and Optus have the best around, but node isnt too bad at all.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Old 30th July, 2005, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got EpOx
Firefox is the choice between experienced pc users, but when virus developers and other ppl like that realise that Firefox is fast becoming the number one browser. People will then be forced to change browser. But isn't it strange how people moan about getting too many pop ups, virus's and active x plugins through IE yet they still continue to use it, bazarr!.
Sorry but firefox becoming the #1 browser? plz don't kid yourself.
1GB Corsair CMX3500C2
Audigy 2 OEM
Logitech z680 5.1
iiyama VM Pro 454
Antec Truepower 550w
Old 30th July, 2005, 11:24 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Stranger things have happened!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 30th July, 2005, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel ~
Stranger things have happened!
True but be realistic, as long as people run windows, IE will always be #1 and thats likely to change no time soon. Not to mention the obvious fact that IE has problems with popups/security because it is the #1 browser and to most people the only browser.
1GB Corsair CMX3500C2
Audigy 2 OEM
Logitech z680 5.1
iiyama VM Pro 454
Antec Truepower 550w
Old 31st July, 2005, 01:21 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

By realistic I take you to mean that I should be aware of the general situation. I am. However one sees possibility in change.

One sees that possibility because "Stranger things HAVE happened. Five years is nothing. Remember Ma Bell, probably not... Remember when IMB owned the computer world?

Five years before the fall NOBODY even thought it was possible.

what is, is only of limited use in predicting what will be, things change. They change according to rather complex, but fixed laws. The first of which states, and I quote:

"Nothing lasts forever Baby!"

All things come to he who waits. ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 31st July, 2005, 03:26 AM
Steve Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocky
True but be realistic, as long as people run windows, IE will always be #1 and thats likely to change no time soon. Not to mention the obvious fact that IE has problems with popups/security because it is the #1 browser and to most people the only browser.
Not always. Microsoft has been pushing IIS for a long time now, but IIS is killed by Apache in every field. Apache currently has about 70% market share compared to IIS's 15%. Similarly, firefox is the free, functional, secure alternative, and more than that, its considered cool to use it. Firefox doesnt just have the windows market. Firefox is getting more and more popular on Linux, *BSD, and other *nix forms. Firefox is very popular on Apple OSX. Linux and OSX users dont use IE.

The fact that it has great cross platform support makes it more and more probable that firefox could become the crossplatform standard web browser.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 31st July, 2005, 07:30 AM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Gosh, you didn't give the poor Baby a chance...
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Last edited by chrisbard; 31st July, 2005 at 07:39 AM.
Old 31st July, 2005, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel ~
By realistic I take you to mean that I should be aware of the general situation. I am. However one sees possibility in change.

One sees that possibility because "Stranger things HAVE happened. Five years is nothing. Remember Ma Bell, probably not... Remember when IMB owned the computer world?

Five years before the fall NOBODY even thought it was possible.

what is, is only of limited use in predicting what will be, things change. They change according to rather complex, but fixed laws. The first of which states, and I quote:

"Nothing lasts forever Baby!"

All things come to he who waits. ":O}
Just be prepared for a very long wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
Not always. Microsoft has been pushing IIS for a long time now, but IIS is killed by Apache in every field. Apache currently has about 70% market share compared to IIS's 15%. Similarly, firefox is the free, functional, secure alternative, and more than that, its considered cool to use it. Firefox doesnt just have the windows market. Firefox is getting more and more popular on Linux, *BSD, and other *nix forms. Firefox is very popular on Apple OSX. Linux and OSX users dont use IE.

The fact that it has great cross platform support makes it more and more probable that firefox could become the crossplatform standard web browser.
All good points , but at the end of the day Linux, OSX users are a minority. You ask any joe average which browser they use and it wouldnt supprise me if none have even heard of firefox. Not to mention there are still allot of websites that will only work in IE which is reason enough for me not to use FF.
1GB Corsair CMX3500C2
Audigy 2 OEM
Logitech z680 5.1
iiyama VM Pro 454
Antec Truepower 550w
Old 31st July, 2005, 07:00 PM

Send a message via ICQ to SPQQKY Send a message via AIM to SPQQKY

Using Firefox, IE just isn't my cup of tea and the new beta just seems like Netscape, which I would use before IE. I used to use MSN Exlplorer when it was free, as it was nice for my hotmail anyway, but it's last version was giving problems and now it is no longer free.
Still new to using Fireox and getting used to it. Was using Netscape.

Most people don't even know what Linux is, much let Firefox. I got 20 Ubuntu disks and was going to hand them out at work to some friends that were into computers, they had no clue.
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
ENERMAX EG565AX-VEFMA2.0-SLI ATX12V 535W
3 x Seagate Barracuda 300GB SATA150
160 Gig Seagate Barracuda
Asus Ageia PhysX graphics unit
Old 2nd August, 2005, 03:36 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SPQQKY Send a message via AIM to SPQQKY

Vista is a JOKE. Talk about a resource hungry OS. On boot with no programs running, it sucked up 535 MB of memory. I was able to disable some services I was sure of, but there are so many new ones and older ones I am still not sure of, I was only able to drop it down to 365 MB of memory. It looks pretty and if you are running a couple gigs of RAM, you may not mind. Don't forget there are no drivers for your vid card or audio card yet (except of course the ones from MS that come with Vista). Plus the digital rights implementation will prevent you from running a DVD that doesn't allow it, even one you made from family videos on your own digicam.
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
ENERMAX EG565AX-VEFMA2.0-SLI ATX12V 535W
3 x Seagate Barracuda 300GB SATA150
160 Gig Seagate Barracuda
Asus Ageia PhysX graphics unit
Old 2nd August, 2005, 04:12 AM
Steve Jobs

There are video card drivers for ATI and Nvidia 3D cards out right now. They are in the video card drivers section of AOA files.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 2nd August, 2005, 04:28 AM
Steve Jobs

Nvidia 75.03 Forceware driver for Windows Vista
http://files.aoaforums.com/code.php?file=2201

Nvidia 77.52 Forceware driver for Windows Vista
http://files.aoaforums.com/code.php?file=2203

ATI Beta Catalyst 1 for Windows Vista
http://files.aoaforums.com/code.php?file=2206

Creative is working on sound card drivers native to Vista right now, but there are drivers that work already, just without good EAX performance.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah