AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th August, 2005, 11:47 AM

Change from NF3 to NF4 - Win XP re-install?

I'm considering swapping my 9NDA3+ for an NF4 board (9NPA+) so I can buy a PCIe graphics card.

Will the HDD swap across without a re-install of Windows XP?
Don't want to have to re-do the entire drive if possible!

Thanks.

Jo
Trinitron 21" monitor
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th August, 2005, 12:12 PM
5 Card Draw Champion, Tomb Digger Champion, Alpha Force Champion, Autobahn Champion, Big Bird Hunting Champion, Mumu Champion, Attack of the Tweety Zombies Champion

You will only find out if you try, I went from skt754 to skt939 using Abit boards and just swapped it over and it worked fine, I dont know much about the new Nforce drivers, I presume the are a unified driver like to via 4in1's.

Join our F@H team today.. http://www.team45.info/
Are you a subscriber? No? well then, why not....
Subscribe to AOA for a better experience and faster downloads!
How to unlock and overclock your Nvidia 6800
BIOS Volt-mod your 7800gt

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th August, 2005, 12:20 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to hoinar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo sharp
I'm considering swapping my 9NDA3+ for an NF4 board (9NPA+) so I can buy a PCIe graphics card.

Thanks.

Jo
It's possible that'll work, but safest/cleanest is to reinstall...and add the specific drivers for your board
Good luck.
Old 29th August, 2005, 01:50 AM
Banned

Quote:

Thanks.

Jo
You could probably just uninstall all the nvidia drivers, swap the board and load the new ones. Or do a "repair" install on winxp and then load new drivers.
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
Old 29th August, 2005, 02:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to Exile69 Send a message via MSN to Exile69

It's probably better just to reformat and make sure you get a clean install with the new board.

AOA Team fah

Abit NF-M2 | XFX 8600GT | AM2 X2 3800+ | 2Gb G.Skill DDR2 800 | Aspire X-QPack | 250Gb Western Digital | Creative X-Fi + Logitech X530 5.1
Old 29th August, 2005, 08:12 AM

Quote:

I just did an equivalent job, swapped 8RDA+ (NF2U400) for 9NDA3+ (NF3U).

All I did was remove all nVidia drivers via Add/Remove Programs, then boot into Safe Mode and run DriveCleaner 3.3 to remove ALL nVidia left-overs. Swapped hardware to new MB and reinstall MB drivers.

Worked fine.
Old 29th August, 2005, 10:05 PM

And it should be that simple, but it didn't work so well for me. I went from the old MCP-T (8RDA+) to the new MCP-whatever in an 8RDA3I and 8RDA3+ Pro (so there are effectively two clones of the original installation - also had to run Sysprep) After I got everything successfully booting, the new Nvidia drivers simply refused to install - incompatible hardware

So after some degree of "Repair"ing and reinstalling and redrivercleaning, they both work - however, the 8RDA3+ Pro install has some sort of issue with ACPI compliance as after "hibernating", neither Media Player nor Winamp can play more than 3 seconds of a video, and sounds will not play at all in any application It also takes a VERY LONG time to boot from black screen after POST to "Windows XP [blue progress bar]" screen.

The 8RDA3I "hibernates" just fine and boots very fast.

Doesn't bother me bad enough to reinstall everything I use.
Old 30th August, 2005, 10:29 AM

Thanks for all the advice ....I think I'll have to bite the bullet and play safe with a fresh install if I swap MoBos.

The frustrating thing is that if I could get 4x512 ram working in my 9NDA3+ I probably wouldn't need an upgrade.
Trinitron 21" monitor
Old 30th August, 2005, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all the advice ....I think I'll have to bite the bullet and play safe with a fresh install if I swap MoBos.

The frustrating thing is that if I could get 4x512 ram working in my 9NDA3+ I probably wouldn't need an upgrade.
Details please, and someone with experience with your mobo might give you more info/help on the issue.
Old 30th August, 2005, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoinar
Details please, and someone with experience with your mobo might give you more info/help on the issue.
I run a matched pair of Corsair 3200 C2 512 ram boards in sckts 3&4. Get dual channel memory and runs OK at FSB of 210 at 1T.

As soon as I put anything in RAM skts 1 or 2 it won't boot.

I've tried with the 01/04/2005 bios, dropped timings to 2T, dropped RAM speed to under 200FSB....nothing helps.
Trinitron 21" monitor
Old 30th August, 2005, 12:13 PM

Can you try other mem sticks? Was the supplied voltage ok (enough and stable) for your mem?
Otherwise it sounds like a RMA to me.
Old 30th August, 2005, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoinar
Can you try other mem sticks? Was the supplied voltage ok (enough and stable) for your mem?
Otherwise it sounds like a RMA to me.
I tried other sticks...and they all work fine in different Epox boards (8RDA etc) so it is not the memory.

I went through all sorts of different options a few months ago with advice on this forum; I think it is just the standard memory problem of this motherboard that no-one seems to be able to resolve.

EPoX 9NDA3+ memory problems??

As above, and several similar threads.....
Trinitron 21" monitor
Old 30th August, 2005, 06:13 PM

ive just moved from a Abit NF7-S to a DFI Nf3 Ultra no problem at all, removed nvidia drivers, ran dc pro and then reinstalled nvidia drivers
Old 25th September, 2005, 07:46 AM

I just went from a 9nda3j nforce3 to a 9NPA3+ nforce 4 just uninstalled the drivers mainly to get rid of the gart swapped mobos reinstalled drivers no problem at all.